Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

question...

Options
  • 21-12-1999 11:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭

We have a a couple of computers here in the house....one is acting as an internet gateway...using Winproxy.....i can point my browser at this for the internet...but how do i get quake to route through this....is there some general setting in windows 98 for this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

A proxy will sort you here. You could use a complex one like Sambar42, but that's overkill. The easiest way, would be just to stick Cheapo on the gateway machine. Then start up QW on whatever PC you want to play, and type:

connect xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    (The X's being the IP of the gateway machine).

The type:

.connect (name of qw server).

The dot is important here. Cheapo has a set of proxy commands to control it, and (I'm assuming you don't use a proxy), you can also report location, enemies and status automatically during games.

Problem solved.

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭creative

Cheers for that.....but thats just a solution to QW....sorry i didnt specify...i fancy being able to use Q2, Q3, irc...etc etc. I got BW beta q2 proxy going last night but it dies after 5 mins or so.....going to try that Nitro one today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Download Sambar 4.2 from TUCOWS, and drop me a mail at:

jaden@eircom.net

I should be able to sort you out. The problem here will be that you have to configure Sambar every time you switch games, but that only takes a minute.

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭creative

Will do...sound!

Advertisement