Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

drive bay speakers

• 08-12-2003 2:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭

anyone have a set of these?

you can get ones that have just 2 speakers on the front, and others that have a 4" sub aswell.

http://www.ukcomputerparts.com/en-gb/dept_99.html

...just curious...
    [handy for LAN sessions, no hassle of bringing bulky speakers]

dave

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Would those not have eh... "negative effects", being so close to your hard drive(s)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by davidclayton
    [handy for LAN sessions, no hassle of bringing bulky speakers]
    so's a set of headphones:confused:
    and you don't run the risk of ****ing up your hd's.
    (i don't give a crap how well shielded they say they are... i've never even trusted a pc speaker to be in the same box as a hd)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I don't allow speakers at GalwayLANs, and I'm pretty sure they're frowned upon at every other one aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Bosco

Regardless of whether or not the speakers are shielded the hard disk certainly is. I wouldn't worry about it. I would however worry about the completely crap sound quality you get out of a bay speaker. Buy yourself some nice headphones.

Advertisement