Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

7,200 in lansdowne

• 08-12-2003 10:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭

I was bemoaning the price of tickets in another thread, but it deserves one itself.

Any coverage I've read says approx. this. Great game by Leinster, stadium a morgue. Last time I went to a leinster game I was in the terrace against the same opp. as Sat. Even at 6'2" I saw v.little of the game, so I wasn't prepared to repeat the trick. Even less so bring my Gf who is considerably smaller. It would be pointless. But I wasn't prepared to pay a ludicrous €30 (each) to sit somewhere with a view. And so it seems were very few other people. Senior Cup final gets 3 times the crowd which is a joke. The support is there just don't fleece it for small matches.

Any one else make a similar decision? Or know who should be contacted to voice this?
    E

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

When I lived at home I went to all the leinster games, full houses in donnnybrook and then to kileys afterwards, it was always a good night..

If they want to use landsdowne, they could at least charge people €5 for the south terrace or something, and let the muppets sit in the stand for the huge prices..

Cos I know I would not pay €30 to see them..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Originally posted by tHE vAGGABOND

Cos I know I would not pay €30 to see them..

I agree. That's the price to see an international friendly. I'd pay €12-20 for a stand ticket, €7-10 for a terrace. These are just early stage of a provincial group after all. Besides, cheaper tickets = more bums on seats = better atmosphere, helps develop game generally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

This is a disgrace - same reason I didn't go to see Connacht (losing) in the Sportsground a few weeks ago - I'm not paying 25 quid in, sorry guys, it's just too much! There's a barrier level, somewhere about 15 euros I think, anything above and we'll watch it on Sky/TG4/RTE down the local.

The various provincial branches may have feedback info on their sites, but you're probably better off writing a real letter. They'd be much better off charging a few quid less and getting serious numbers - Lansdowne is a good venue with about 20k people in there - sell a load of terrace tickets for 9 or 10 euros and we'd have a great crowd for every game.

The players did mention that they love playing on the decent surface there, didn't hear anything about their views on the crowd though.

Al.

Advertisement