Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom DSL management contact...?

• 08-12-2003 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hiyas

Does anyone have a direct number of email address for someone in eircom's DSL management area? I put in an order for the self install kit over two months ago now, been on the phone to customer services/DSL support at least 12-15 times already and have had nothing but no response from eircom and my line still hasn't been activated! Getting pretty fed up here... seems I can't get anything through speaking with the customer service reps.

Cheers-

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭tonky

All I can advise is to escalate your problem. Call and ask to speak with Manager immediately. Do not settle for Team Leader, Assistant Manager. If Manager is not available, take his/her name and also person you are speaking with and request call back from Manager that day. Then if you do not get call back, phone again and demand to speak with the Manager's Boss if Manager still not available.

Did they give you an activation date?
    Any reason(s) for the delays so far?
    Which exchange are you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭fixxation

Well the 'first' activation date was early November... that never happen so I've been on the phone constantly with support and have had no replies whatsoever! I was always told that the matter would be brought to someone's attention higher-up and I'd be entered into some kinda special urgent tracking system they have there. I got fed last week and wrote support/customer services an email, got a response telling me my line would be activated last Saturday (the 6th)... today- still nothing!! Main reason was that they didn't know what had happened and someone would get back to me (yea right!) and the other is that the jumper failed at the exchange... not sure which exchange I'm on but it's trying to get someone out there to actually FIX the problem that is now the issue!! Unbelievable... never had such piss-poor support in my life. Thanks for the advice, I'm gonna get on the phone to the manager now. Fingers crossed-

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭fixxation

Just after getting off the phone with broadband support... asked to speak with the manager of the DSL deparment and was told he was in meetings all day. Proceeded to ask for his email address and was told they're not allowed to give out his email address... what is he, a f$%kin movie star?! So anyway, left my name and number and asked the broadband support representative to ask him to call me back today. Then I was told he'd be in meetings all day today and probably wouldn't get back... funny how she knew his schedule off the top of her head like that! So what now, who knows-- I still don't think I'm any further ahead with reaching someone in management to discuss the issue... never dealt with a company that has been SOOO unhelpful with their customers!! Anyone out there have an email address of someone in management or maybe even someone on the technical side of things-- pretty much anyone BUT sales or customer service...?

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭tonky

I can appreciate your frustration. I went through 2 weeks of this crap myself. I think if there's a jumper failure at the exchange, you basically have to wait until the engineers sort out the problem, if you're a self-install starter customer. I've sent you a pm.

Advertisement