Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NB !! Mac OSX Panther and IOLBB

• 08-12-2003 11:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 104 ✭✭

All,

If you are ordering BB fom IOL (EsatBT) you need to tell them if you are running Panther (dumb *&^% won't ask you) as if you are the supplied USB modem will not work and they will have to ship you an ethernet modem.
    Will Post this on BB forum

B

Mod can you sticky this for a while?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rob1891

will they ship you the ether modem free if you get the usb one and give out? frienbd of mine is about to go down the eircom road beause the ether modem is included, bah eircom!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

UTV also use this modem. As do eircom iirc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rob1891

the modem eircom say they supply is a Cayman Netopia, its ment to have usb & ethernet, so it doesn't sound like the same one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by eth0_
    UTV also use this modem. As do eircom iirc.
    Eircom doesn't ship the same modem as UTV and IOLBB.

There have been dozens of posts here about eircoms modem being the Netopia Cayman, which includes both USB and Ethernet ports, and which is actually configured as a router by default, providing DHCP and NAT support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 dan_an_fear

Hey
    they will have to ship you an ethernet modem.
    I've been trying to get them to ship me a ethernet modem in place of the usb one, no luck so far.
    Are you saying you managed to get a ethernet modem out of them because you were running panther?

cheers
    Dan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 104 ✭✭The Bouncer

Hi Dan,

Yep that is the case just got it today (was sent via SDS and arrived Wednesday but I was out). I think they don't want to advertise this issue as mac user base is tiny and those using panther smaller still. Plus ethernet modem costs them more. I will install tonight and let you know if it sorts issue ( I get the impression that there will now be a lot of "mac" users claiming this problem :D )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 104 ✭✭The Bouncer

I hate Esat BT!!!

Dumb F*@Ks sent me another USB Modem!! Called up and let rip awaiting a response. Then got my bill and found I was charged over €100 for a service I have yet to use. On hold as we speak 10minutes and counting!!

Advertisement