Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finally we can compare...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

Hobbes? i thought you finished posting to the quake board? just go away and masturbate to the thought of tinfoil axes or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

wow, and now i can stop wondering what was missing from my life.....

hobbes and his axe...ahh the memories.
    if only i had been there, maybe i wouldnt be able to let it go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 fugazilazarus

i haven't a clue what yez are on about , but i wholeheartedly agree .

nasa.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Ronin

Just thought I`d jump in with my 2p's worth..

Q3 is a very intense must think of what other lad is doing type game, one wrong move and your dead, with ut you have a bit more time to do some mad stuff, u have to think with ut just not as much smile.gif..UT is much more fun, so I`ve found, with all the extra mods like..assault is the business like..with q3 your aim in ut is soo much better
    so I`ll be playing both like as I`m guessing will alot of ppl, UT is so playable on a high ping though, thats what I like about it too I guess..

a well, play both lads its only a game ;P>>>

beer's tomorrow!!

Ro

why must you insist on constantly being so mean to me whitewashman? youre so unkind, what gives you the right to be so downright hurtful?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭DeV

in the initial post I said
    "I wonder how long this thread will take to degenerate into slagging match "

I was wrong, it isnt a matter of number of replies, its a matter of when damo decides to grace us lower beings with his teenage superiority complex hahahah

"Fashionable ennui" just isnt you damo...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

It's unrequieted love for him WWMan (towards the axe that is). Hence all the anger towards me because he thinks I took his love.

Someone get him a packet of tinfoil for chrissy.

sorry damo
    didnt mean that unkind rematk

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

mmmmmmmm Q3Tourney3... forbidden Q3Tourney3....

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Dev u've got that formula wrong its takes certain conditions for a post to turn into a slagging match.

1. You need a Post from Hobbes

2. Tinfoil Axes need to be mentioned

3. Damo replies

tongue.gif

Gandalf.

www.gibworld.com/gandalf gandalf@gibworld.com

[This message has been edited by gandalf (edited 22-12-1999).]

• Advertisement

4. GANDY STICKS HIS .02 EUROS IN smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

5. Eamo Posts out simply because everyone else is smile.gif.

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

u saying I'm a catalyst Gandy? smile.gif

Back to the subject in hand. Q3A, I don't know it seems kind of fake and I can't place why. Invisable walls, blood splatters look fake, I don't like how the hit sounds are.

I would have to agree with Gandy and say its very cartoony. The GFX are nice, but you never really get to see them as standing still you tend to dirtnap quickly.

OH DEV!!! GROW UP!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Hmm,

Will Play both - probably more UT cause of the variety of play and because personally i find the UT maps more interesting.

All the same i'll play whatever those 4 Q3 maps that the league runs aswell i suppose.

Initially i was pretty disappointed with Q3 -looked great but was unplayable at 14fps with all grphx on - whereas UT managed to run smooth enough even with most effects on.

Anyhows its all subjective,

J.

ps- Sonic -> If you have a f.version CFG for Q3 could you mail it - i'm not sure if just selecting fastest quite cuts it.

[This message has been edited by Jak (edited 22-12-1999).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

hehe hobbes - maybe it is time you retired smile.gif
    1807 posts...
    while you werent here WWman is nearly catching up tho with 1619 posts

i knew this would be a long topic smile.gif

A

[This message has been edited by Asuka (edited 23-12-1999).]

I've actually stop posting as much as I used to. Only post on the Quake board if it's quake related...

I'll quite happy stand down and let WWWMan the royal crown and tinfoil axe of office. smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

This is quite funny dev was accusing me of being overly UT biased a while back now i find myfelf in the position of having played both games in Team DM/CTF on-line and at a good standard (with my clan EED) and to be honest I really think Q3 is more fun. I like the fact that its 'top' graphically, and dont care that Q3 re-uses its really good textures. It buggs me massivly that with all ID's people they could not come up with one f00kin weapon, not even one!

Anyway I will play both, Q3 big problem for me is that the maps with the game are either reallly amazingly good or total pants, but we all know there are 1000's of quake nerds doing maps as we speak..... smile.gif

Advertisement