Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car insurance renewal - good value?

Options
  • 08-12-2003 2:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭

Just got a my renewal quote in and they are looking for €620 for the year, fully comp. and including NCD protection. (Marsh & McClennan company scheme).

I am female, 33yrs old, 12yrs claim free driving (always on my own policy), driving a '00 1.25 Fiesta.

I think this is a bit steep myself but wondered what anyone else thought? I'm about to ring around the insurers to see who will offer me the best deal but was interested in other peoples experience.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You're taking the piss right?

Shop around by all means, but that premium is nothing. Buttons.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

You're lucky you're a woman!

That's a pretty good price but that's what 12 years ncb will do you for ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Discovering

I think it is a little high myself.

You are an insurance companies pefered customer.

It depends on where you live and use the car though.

If we are talking any city centre then it is very good if you are out in the sticks, I recoken you may get about 100 euro off but thats about it.

If in a major town then you might get a bit (€20-40) cheaper.

No one gets insurance in Ireland for much less than this though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Mocking Burd

No one gets insurance in Ireland for much less than this though. [/B][/QUOTE]

You're right Discovering - it is actually the cheapest apart from Quinn Direct - but they don't do Windscreen Cover and the excess is €380. I've one or two more to try but I think I'll be renewing (it's a lot less hassle for me too!).

The list of insurers thread was a great help! - saved me going through the Yellow Pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

just to put it in perspective, last year I was paying €576 a month for third party fire & theft

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

My sister 37 (shush!) driving a 99 Micra 1.0 with full
    NCB and fully comp policy is paying about €550-600
    if I recall rightly...

Mike.

Originally posted by ando
    just to put it in perspective, last year I was paying €576 a month for third party fire & theft

So you're what?....18 and driving a Porsche 911??

The renewal quote was about the best until I rang Premier Direct. They quoted me €554 cos I work for BOI (it would have been €724).
    Happy Christmas to me.....

Sorry Ando don't mean to rub it in.

Much...too much...

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by Mocking Burd
    Heh, lets put it in better perspective...I'm 21 and with a full licence. To get Third Party, Fire & Theft cover, on a 1.1 Fiat Punto, with a value of €2500, Quinn Direct would charge me €4000. How's that for perspective? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 corracramph

It doesn't seem to bad but it would be worth your while trying www.brittoninsurance.com I got insured with them recently and they were the most competitive I found.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally posted by Mocking Burd

Ando is in his early 20s and drives a 2.0 Ford Focus....nothing too crazy.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Discovering

except the price of his insurance :D

Advertisement