Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

directX 7

Options
  • 22-12-1999 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭

just checking to see what version of direct im using.
    can someone tell me where i can check this in windows.
    i always thought it was in add remove programs but its not there
    any ideas...?
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

c:\program files\directx\ddiag.exe

Jimmy...

P.S. Directx 7a is out with some minor bug fixz

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Let's see if I remember this...in work a tthe mo, so I can't check it fo yah....

C:\program files\DirectX\dxdiag.exe (Or something like that!)

run it and up pops a browser window of all yer DX7 files. Check the version numbers displayed. As far as I know, some files don't get updated from version to version, so don't be surprised to see the odd older file version there.

I think I heard about 4 days ago that there was a newer version of DX7 out...*shrug*

Lucutus of Borg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

ta

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

Let's play spot the difference.
    Look closely at Sickboy's post. Then, without looking back, look at lucutus's post.
    Well, how many did you find? sunglasses.gif

[This message has been edited by Steven (edited 22-12-1999).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭DEATH

the newer version has some ickle improvements with direct input and tis called 7.0a , no difference in graphics between em.

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I just thought that the word "****" should be used here for no particular reason.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

It began with a "c".
    Bloody censor.
    "censor" wasn't the word.
    It ends in "T"
    ...and smells bad.
    Yes folks, you've guessed it....it's "****"
    s hit

yes.
    i am ****ed

p issed, i meant to say.

the censor is a ****

i had better stop now
    else it will be an endless thread
    'cos its a ****

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

i installed this and it lowered my fps in timedemo's in glquake and quake3 by about 20%

what a load of ****e
    (i had directx 7.0 installed before this)

Advertisement