Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD Backups

Options
  • 08-12-2003 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭

I just got a DVD burner, and was looking for some software that allows me to create (film) DVD backups.
    I found DVD X Copy , but I was wondering were there any other ones out there?
    Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

DVD decryptor to rip the film
    DVD2One to compress the film to 1 DVD
    Nero to burn.

2 types of (retail) DVD's - DVD-5 (same as the blank ones you buy - 4.3GB) and DVD-9 (dual layered - approx 9.6GB). If the movie is a DVD-5 do an ISO rip of the movie with DVDDecryptor and burn the DVD+/-R with DVDdecryptor. If it's a DVD-9 you will have to compress and/or remove extra's.

Go to DVDrhelp.com

Also try and search on boards. This has been asked and answered so many times.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

DaveG: Is DVD2One better than DVDshrink?
    Don't care about speed, more concerned about quality..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Krusty tbh I have never used DVDshrink. I did check on the web though and it's seems DVD2One will give you better quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

Depends on the version that you use. If you use 2.1 or 2.3 then DVD2One will be a lot better.

HOWEVER!

Get yer mits on DVDshrink 3.0 beta 5, it's compression is a lot better. Sure it's a little slower than DVD2One, but for me it's how it looks thats more important than how long it takes to create them.

After all, it's not like i'm trying to sell em on the street.... right? ;)
    Nero

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Yeah, I'm using v3 beta 5, which seems to be a compromise between features and usability.. In other words they've dumbed it down a little for the average consumer..

The automatic mode, is point and click..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭fjon

Thanks Dave. I will try the software you mention...
    I did have a look to see if I could find a similar thread on boards, but without success - I guess the old threads are deleted after a while...

Advertisement