Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bulletin software

Options
  • 08-12-2003 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

anyone know of a good, free, bulletin board program??
    cheers,
    dalh

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 dalh

what i mean is, one that i can integrate into a web site of my own....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Moving to Webmaster, where the question has been asked a thousand times. If you're looking for a Windows-specific BB, the only prevalent ones I've seen are Web Wiz and Snitz, although I'm sure there's plenty more.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

If you give us specifics of what you are running we might be able to answer you better :)

PhpBB2, vBulletin etc etc etc

There are loads to choose from

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

There are a few about...

www.vbulletin.com does a Lite (free) version of this board system that you're using now. It's without PMs and a lot of other features, but may be useful for a small site.

www.phpbb.com is IMO one of the most popular free ones, because it gives pretty much all the main user functions that vB does. However it does lack the extreme customisability of vB as well as a really enhanced Admin control panel. It does have a massive community backing it up though.

www.yabbforum.com is a perl-based forum system that can be a little fiddly to set up, and is similar to phpBB iirc.

Do a search on bulletin boards no teh webmaster forum here, and you'll find loads of threads about this.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 dalh

i'll have a look at those, thanks.
    phpBB2 seems to be what i'm looking for.
    cheers,
    dalh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

The two most popular PHP based forums at the moment seem to be phpBB and Invision Power Board.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Originally posted by seamus

www.vbulletin.com does a Lite (free) version of this board system that you're using now. It's without PMs and a lot of other features, but may be useful for a small site.
    Not anymore they don't :
    http://www.vbulletin.com/download/
    "vBulletin Lite

vBulletin Lite has been discontinued as of 1st August. A new version may be released in the future. Apologies for any inconvenience.
    "

Advertisement