Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems Installing Gallery 1.4.1

Options
  • 08-12-2003 3:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭

Im trying to install a Php Gallery 1.4.1
    and I am getting theses errors when I try to view the page on my browser.

Warning: main(./platform/fs_unix.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/www/******/***/gallery/init.php on line 90

Warning: main(): Failed opening './platform/fs_unix.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/www/******/***/gallery/init.php on line 90

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: fs_file_exists() in /home/www/******/***/gallery/init.php on line 94

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Copy and paste lines 80-100 from init.php.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

Lines 80 - 102

}
    }
    }

require($GALLERY_BASEDIR . "Version.php");
    require($GALLERY_BASEDIR . "util.php");
    /* Load bootstrap code */
    if (getOS() == OS_WINDOWS) {
    include($GALLERY_BASEDIR . "platform/fs_win32.php");
    } else {
    include($GALLERY_BASEDIR . "platform/fs_unix.php");
    }

if (fs_file_exists($GALLERY_BASEDIR . "config.php")) {
    global $gallery;
    include($GALLERY_BASEDIR . "config.php");
    }
    if (isset($gallery->app->devMode) &&
    $gallery->app->devMode == "yes") {
    error_reporting(E_ALL);
    } else {
    error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE);

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Use the CODE vB Code tags in future please (the # hash button above the textarea).

The file init.php is unable to open fs_unix.php, which suggests a path/environment problem. I'm not sure if this'll work without seeing the code, but try opening up the config file and looking for the config variable $GALLERY_BASEDIR. At the moment it's probably set to something like './platform'; try changing it to the full system path to that directory.

Another option is to dump Gallery, which is a **** of an application, and try something like Photopost instead. Photopost isn't the bees-knees, and it's commercial, but I prefer it anyway.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

You need to run the config script before. It sounds like some of the variables that should have been set there weren't, or that there were other problems.
    PHP Gallery is a pain to install, as it looks for a lot of extras that would not be commonly installed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement