Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL MP3 Cd Player - €50

• 08-12-2003 7:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭

Just got this by email in the LIDL Newsletter.

From Monday, 15.12.03 :

Portable MP3/CD-Player
    This CD player can read MP3 data, a compressed version of data which is often used on the internet.
    Top loading CD player
    With anti-shock system:
    - 45 sec for CD
    - 120 sec for MP3
    MP3 decoding, CD-R/CD-RW playback
    24/64 title program
    Bass boost system. Line-Out connection possibility
    LCD Display shows artist and song playing
    Full car kit including: cassette adapter, cigarette lighter adapter
    Includes: ear piece, adapter, line out cable, remote control with LCD display and 2 batteries and a case.

3 year guarantee,

€49.99

More
    here.

I'm now stuck between a 6gig Creative Jukebox and this. Think I might go for this though.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Reckon I'm gonna git me one of those, as a 'stocking-filler' if nothing else...

Just before the LIDL newsletter came around, I bid €34 + €10 for a yoke like this on Ebay, and thought I was getting a good deal — but the LIDL offering comes with a complete car kit for €6 more...?!? Wish I'd waited... Just the cassette adaptor thingy costs about €15 in Argos, never mind the cigarette-lighter recharge thing.

P.S conz, the great (but only) advantage of an mp3 CD player is that wherever you happen to find yourself, it'll also play the CD that someone pulls out and says "oh, here, stick this on..." Solid-state players are cool, but only as long as you have easy access to a PC, or wherever else you store your mp3s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84 ✭✭Straight Flush

Can these mp3 players play mp3s of any bitrate or is there a limit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

Whats the odds that by the time i get off at 4pm that they will still have some ? my college bans external sites so i cant get the number to ring my closest branch,coolock :( anyone wanna help me out with the number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭steviem

There you go, good luck.

Customer Hotline

Requests, comments, questions...
    Our friendly telephone service is available to you at our free phone number:

1800 347 447 (Republic of Ireland)
    0800 0180 266 (Northern Ireland)
    Mon. - Fri.: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.

No individual store numbers listed.

Thanks <3

Is there a store in the city ?

If anyone bought one in coolock let us know if they were like hotcakes or not

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭huh!

Just checked Baldoyle store and there sold out, people where buying 2 and 3 at a time this morning at 9am , according to the security guard. I'd say Santa will be bringing a few of these!!

fiddle sticks! its gonna take 2 buses to get to coolock,any point in even going ? this sucks i need a cd player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭huh!

I asked a friend who works up beside Coolock Lidl to check for me on their lunch break, and sold out there aswell!!

I rang as well and all gone :( kinda sucks i wanted something nice and shiny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

They're still available in mallow andway lads. Got one today. Don't think I can get my hands on it till christmas though :(

So won't be able to give a review.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by ^whitey^
    They're still available in mallow andway lads. Got one today. Don't think I can get my hands on it till christmas though :(

So won't be able to give a review.

Any chance if i sent you cash+postage+lil something for yourself you'd get me one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

Sorry ronano my sis got it for me on her way to limerick.

When they sold the pc's and laptops you were able to order them if they were sold out.

Maybe they'll do the same for the mp3 player???

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

They are now gone in Lucan as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Would have been perfect if it had a radio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Originally posted by Straight Flush
    Can these mp3 players play mp3s of any bitrate or is there a limit?

no mention of any limit in the manual....

and the first disk i made seems ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Went down after work at 5:30pm and sold out in Finglas branch as well!

grrrrrrr (:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭M@lice

I just got 1 of these. Think mine is fecked. The music is buzzy, like there's interference on there + i can't seem 2 get mp3 cds 2 work. is there a special way 2 burn em? i put in 1 a mate gave me with just mp3s burned like a data cd but it won't play! looks like i'll b sendin it bak. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭an_taoiseach

I was in the Lidl in Tipp. Town a while ago.

They seemed to have all the special offers going back months as if no one ever bought any of them

A really dozy place ( and the only dirty Lidl I have ever been in )

Bettcha they will still have a heap of these in the new year !

( Any one from Tipp. able to confirm ? )

An T

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

What does anyone else who got one think?

On a side note they are actually cheaper in Ireland than in Austria at least. 65€ here.

Originally posted by an_taoiseach
    I was in the Lidl in Tipp. Town a while ago.

They seemed to have all the special offers going back months as if no one ever bought any of them

A really dozy place ( and the only dirty Lidl I have ever been in )

Bettcha they will still have a heap of these in the new year !

( Any one from Tipp. able to confirm ? )

An T

I will pay postage/cost and a lil something to anyone that will get me one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

I too will pay postage/cost and a lil something to anyone that will get me one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭peckerhead

conZ, Ronano,

I queued up & bought 3 of these and now only need 1; pm me or post here if you still want one...

Haven't opened the vacuum pack, but they look grand. Finish looks a "LIDL" plasticky — groan...;) — but jeez, whaddya want for €49.99? Car set (cassette & cigarette lighter adapters, mains transformer, that'd costs about €30 on its own from Argos...

Only downside is I'd say the weight will make postage a little pricey — will check exactly later this evening. I can post immediately on receipt of dosh, and this being the season of goodwill an' all that I'll waive the "lidl something for myself" bit (Sh1t, there I go with the bad puns again!)

Otherwise I'll bring them back next week and get me cash back... just thought I'd offer you the option, 'cos we're all such nice guys here on boards...! :)

peckerhead

P.S. I work in Limerick, if a pick-up would suit you better, but I suspect you're both in Dublin...(?)

P.P.S. Just had the parcel weighed, and postage anywhere in Ireland will be €6.50 (weighs just over 1kg), plus I'd need 50c to cover me for the Jiffy bag. So they're up for grabs for €57 apiece if you want 'em...)

I WANT I WANT OH PLEASE LET ME HAVE ONE IF WOULD MAKE MY XMAS( yes i know how sad that is) i'm sorru i didnt view the thread or my pm's earlier and if you let it go to someone else i understand but i can give you the money right here right now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

Perfect. I'll take one.

I'm in Clare - where in Limerick are you?
    I can lodge the money tomorrow into a bank account, and you can try get it sent tomorrow (I probably wont be able to get them collected.)

If the two are not sold, i'll take two - friend wanted one and he went into LIDL, Ennis only to find out that they didnt even come into the shop, after being advertised in the local newspaper.

I'll pm you my detail's now.

Sound :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

if you still have one available, ill gladly take it.. need one for the car

ill pay cost + postage -
    PM me if your selling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

is there not selling them anymore ?
    is there a remote with this ?

Advertisement