Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boomsong - Nooooooooooooo! (article)

• 08-12-2003 7:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

:eek:
    Rangers in Boumsong chase

Jean Alain Boumsong in action for France
    Rangers manager Alex McLeish has confirmed that he is interested in signing French international defender Jean Alain Boumsong.

The powerful 24-year-old has made two appearances for France this year and scored in October's 3-0 win over Israel.

Boumsong has been at Auxerre since 2000 but has made it clear he intends to leave on a free transfer at the end of the season.

"He's a player I have been aware of for some time and a player I admire," McLeish said when quizzed about Boumsong at Monday's press conference.

However, Rangers, who will lose the services of Norwegian centre half Henning Berg in the summer, are sure to face competition for the signature of Boumsong from a host of top European clubs.

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

i wouldnt call liverpool a top european club :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,628 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Houllier is putting a brave face on it - cant blame your man for going where he felt most wanted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭jEt|Dino

for once im delighted less frogs, waiting for one big one 2 go now then were sorted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Cool it there Dino or the ban will be reinstated and lengthened. Racism will definitely not be tolerated, this is your final warning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

I'm gutted, really thought he'd be playing for Liverpool next season. With Henchoz out of contracty next summer and no mention of an extension on the contract it kinda looks like GH is looking for a new centre half. But where will he get one that is as young and good as Boumsong to partner Sami. I doubt Mexas will join but it would be nice if he did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭jEt|Dino

sorry about that i wasnt been racist, jst fed up of premadona french players that are destroying our club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

Any Club with uncertanties about a manager is going to have difficulties attracting players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 bomberuski

Don't believe what you read in the papers. He has'nt signed for Rangers yet, just had talks. There is very little chance of a French International joining any scottish club, especially when they can't even qualify for the UEFA cup. I think Liverpool should try to sign a quality defender like Gary Breen instead.

Only joking.......................

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Well bomberuski Boumsong himself has confirmed it here. That's why I'm gutted.

Anyone have any idea who GH might start chasing instead of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I have to admit to being a bit devastated about this, and to Rangers of all clubs. His logic is that he is guaranteed Champions League football, but they get kicked out before the the knockout stages every year. However, with Rangers in dire straights money wise, will they be able to afford his wage bill? Seemingly they have to sell a number of players soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement