Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low level formatting query

Options
  • 08-12-2003 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭

Does anybody know of a free low level formatting utility that can format any make of hard-drive. I have a laptop with a fujitsu 40gig hard-drive that has a fair few bad sectors on it but the fujitsu format utility doesn't recognize the drive for some reason.

Any replys greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

scroll down for a link to some of the hd manufacturers (including fujitsu) low level format utilities when you click on this boards thread here

hth.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Try Maxtor's Powermax utility from http://www.maxtor.com - handy tool, I've successfully llf'd an IBM drive with it (now working perfectly).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

gdisk.exe(dos) and gdisk32.exe(windows)

from symantec i think

google em

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Gordo84

Thanks for the info. I've fixed the hard drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

why does format X:
    not work, i never had to use any other one, but then again ive never used XP .

• Advertisement
Advertisement