Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Query Re License Exchanging

Options
  • 08-12-2003 10:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

Just curious about something.
    I exchanged my South African license for an Irish one. I had to give in my license - and was then issued with a local one.
    Is my license ever checked (the original) that it was indeed valid and such? Just curious as the Irish (Europeans) seem very trusting.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭The Second

I'd say so .. I handed in my provisional today for the pink one ... and the Lady behind the bullet proof glass didn't really look at it... just stapled it to the application... I think you'd get a letter or something calling you an idiot liar when the person who makes up the pink ones got a look at the dud.

but then again there are nothing but loop holes in the system. They may not even notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Given that the SA licence is a bit more sophisticated (documentwise) than the Irish one I suspect they won't doubt it's authenticity, although, I'm sure there are ways of checking through the embassy or SA police.

Advertisement