Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's wrong with Vishnu?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

the stupid server kicked us all out of a game and then when u reconnect u can't pick a team???????
    wots wrong sad.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭DeV

BY YOUR COMMAND...

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Wha?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I've no idea why but Dev appears to have turned into a Cylon.
    |)

[Insert cool quote here]
    Play GLminesweeper!
    http://www.iol.ie/~adamj/dl/mineswp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Well I'm working on upgrading it to full version, but haven't started yet so that wasn't me.

Vishnu is now down BTW.

J.
    --

John Breslin
    cloud@eircom.net
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~cloud/

• Advertisement

There are a few servers on vishnu,
    a little more info would have been nice (irrelevant now).

I'm still not clear about this but withing 5 minutes of there being a problem, people were contacting me for support.

When I was "informed" of this I went into Vishnu and restarted the war and ca servers that seemed to be having a problem. (slosh showed how, that was the first time I have done that).

I dont support servers, people, get that into your collective heads please smile.gif You might as well ask Daneel, he'll have more power then me.

You dont pay for support (or anything) anyway so beyond *politely* bringing it to the admins perhaps some people should consider not jumping on the boards/irc to go "wah!" (not aimed at anyone, just some free advice)

I'll tell you this, most quakers are a nice bunch and I like them lots, but some of them need a Dummies Guide to Manners.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭DEATH

So There!

sunglasses.gif

As regards Q3A full server:

==== ShutdownGame ====
    Server didn't have CD
    Hitch warning: 863193951 msec frame time
    ]status
    Server is not running.

Bit of a problem that :/ I can't pop my CD into the server as I'm here and the server is elsewhere...

I've brought back the demo server...

Cloud, are you saying (and I presume you are) that a dedicated server requires you to purchase a CD especially for it?

Thats gay... we have to admin ID's servers (without which their internet oriented game falls flat on its ass) and we have to PAY for the privilege?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SHADOW

I would appreciate it if some1 would mind telling me what ver of Q3 is running on vishnu and other ign servers..?

Now DeV I thought that woz polite..hehe
    whata u reckon? smile.gif

The Shadow

• Advertisement

That would be the demo version of Q3A (for those that downloaded q3ademo.exe).

If anyone knows a workaround for not having a CD on the server let me know.

Sorted!

Apparently you need the CD if you want bots on the server.

This line cures the CD request:

seta bot_enable 0

Running Q3 1.11.

J.
    --
    \gamename\baseq3\sv_privateClients\0\mapname\q3dm1\protocol\43\g_gametype\0\version\Q3 1.11 win-x86 Nov 24 1999\sv_hostname\Quake.ie - Q3 FFA 1\sv_maxRate\0\sv_floodProtect\1\sv_maxclients\10\dmflags\0\fraglimit\20\timelimit\20\g_maxGameClients\0\capturelimit\8

seta bot_enable 0
    seta sv_hostname "Quake.ie - Q3 FFA 1"
    seta sv_maxclients 10
    seta g_motd "Welcome to the IGN Quake 3 Server!"
    seta g_quadfactor 4
    seta g_weaponrespawn 3
    seta g_inactivity 60
    seta g_forcerespawn 0
    set timelimit 20
    set sv_zone "free for all"
    set g_gametype 0
    set fraglimit 20
    set d1 "map q3dm1;set nextmap vstr d2"
    set d2 "map q3dm5;set nextmap vstr d3"
    set d3 "map q3dm7;set nextmap vstr d4"
    set d4 "map q3dm13;set nextmap vstr d5"
    set d5 "map q3dm14;set nextmap vstr d6"
    set d6 "map q3dm15;set nextmap vstr d7"
    set d7 "map q3dm17;set nextmap vstr d8"
    set d8 "map q3tourney2;set nextmap vstr d9"
    set d9 "map q3tourney3;set nextmap vstr d1"
    vstr d1

[This message has been edited by Cloud (edited 21-12-1999).]

Hup!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

You dont pay for support (or anything) anyway so beyond *politely* bringing it to the admins perhaps some people should consider not jumping on the boards/irc to go "wah!" (not aimed at anyone, just some free advice)

C'mon now, I don't think I was whinging about the server, or demanding that something be done at once.
    I was mearly wondering had anyone else been experiencing screwy behaviour from the Vishnu CA server, that's all.

And Dev, you do it to yourself smile.gif, giving any and every muppet access to your work email addy.

Advertisement