Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

vodafone free pic messages!!

• 09-12-2003 12:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭

hey all, have a vodafone pic phone for a few weeks now, was happy to hear bout the free pic messages and was sending em for the first 2 days of december, but then they wouldnt send anymore.

called up vodafone today was on hold for 10 mins listening to some crap music just to be told this is a national problem and should be sorted out by next week.

my mate has the same phone and she has no prob sending em, just writing to ask if anyone else is having probs sending em & complain that vodafone should at least make an announcement on their hold music bout the problem.

luke

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

was doing some cross network testing over the weekend (O2 - Voda / Voda - O2) and experienced hours of delays and then multiple receipts of the same message receiving on the Voda side and a black hole effect going the other way... so there seems to be a bit of work to do cross network

but on network Voda - Voda just tried it and it is currently taking about a minute to send/receive MMS

BrianG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Unfortunately there is a bit of a problem with the service at the moment. I am not 100% sure what the problem is (couldnt really say if I knew either ;) ) but I think it is due to the amount of people using the service. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭John Player

i dont understand how it only affects some users and not others though, sucks! switching over to 02 in feb though after the offers up cos aint got any 087 reception in my house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭crowbar

Originally posted by jesus_thats_gre
    Unfortunately there is a bit of a problem with the service at the moment. I am not 100% sure what the problem is (couldnt really say if I knew either ;) ) but I think it is due to the amount of people using the service. ;)
    surely though the powers to be realised that everyone is going to use it lots and lots if it's offered for free?? a great way of load testing the network i guess, but you'd have to be pretty silly not to be prepared when problems emerge. and voda must have experience with mms under larger volumes somewhere with a much bigger market, like maybe the uk.

cross-network mms is still a bit messy at the moment all right, both sides are having big issues with it apparently, though it's supposed to be officially launched sometime this week ... anyone tried sending a message to o2 that contain fadas?

does anyone know if cross-network mms will be free too when it's launched?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

are o2 mms free too?? and for how long?

Flogen

• Advertisement

Originally posted by crowbar
    cross-network mms is still a bit messy at the moment all right, both sides are having big issues with it apparently, though it's supposed to be officially launched sometime this week ... anyone tried sending a message to o2 that contain fadas?

does anyone know if cross-network mms will be free too when it's launched?

it's been launched for a little while now - not 100% reliable yet though - only started messing with it myself at the weekend (see previous post above) with mixed results - worked a bit better today though

the Voda Terms and Conditions for the Christmas Free Picture Messages, Ringtones and Java Games promotion. currently states Vodafone customers can send MMS picture messages: To customers of Vodafone Ireland and O2 customers

the 200 free MMS mailout from O2 doesn't explicitally state network restrictions, just says "This offer only applies to Media messages sent to another mobile within the Republic of Ireland" (I'm assuming it includes Voda but consult you own legal advice ;))

BrianG

Originally posted by flogen
    are o2 mms free too?? and for how long?

Flogen

they mailed out a 200 free message offer earlier this month - if you didn't get a mail out contact them and see if you can get em - i couldn't tell if it was for my bill or pre-pay accounts as it didn't include the phone number - but assumed it was for the bill a/c?

BrianG

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

i only just got my mms phone (the x1 i was on about in the other thread), but it seems to me that my mms msgs are free, although their site doesnt seem to say much about it.

in the guide to o2 you get with the phone mms msgs werent listen on the charges chart.... odd

Flogen

Advertisement