Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL BB waiting time?

• 09-12-2003 12:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭

Ordered IOL BB just over one week ago, online.
    Haven't heard anything since.

How long should I wait, before getting worried?

(I read somewhere on their site that they aim to provide
    it within 2 weeks of receiving correct order, but what is the
    actual timeframe)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Phone up and prod them in the right direction it's better if you phone them, did they test your line?. Once your line passes the test then it could take as little as 2 weeks before you get broadband......or longer:p.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i'm waiting about a week as well but they did say it would take 2 to 2 and a half weeks, just hope its here for xmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭raster

Originally posted by OfflerCrocGod
    Phone up and prod them in the right direction it's better if you phone them, did they test your line?. Once your line passes the test then it could take as little as 2 weeks before you get broadband......or longer:p.

I don't know if they tested it yet, should I know, how would I know?

I'll call sales tomorrow 1800 923 111 and ask for status etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by raster
    I don't know if they tested it yet, should I know, how would I know?
    By going to www.adsl.ie, clicking on the "Check Availability" link, and typing in your phone number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,149 ✭✭✭oneweb

Line had previously qualified...
    Sent the application in on the 15th November by post.
    Got the modem & cables on the 25th.
    Rang them to tell 'em I had no Install CD or filters.
    Got those on the 26th.
    Went to try out my new broadband on the 3rd, password wouldn't work. Also the install CD was for UTV Clicksilver! (even though it had IOL on a sticker on it) Rang tech support who initiated a password change and said they'd post another install CD.
    Someone called to confirm my password change on the 5th. Perfect, it worked and I was online :)
    I got the IOLBB install CD on the 6th.

(The same company distributes the modems/cds on behalf of IOL/UTV!)

It is what it's.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Ripwave
    By going to www.adsl.ie, clicking on the "Check Availability" link, and typing in your phone number.

PASS! (the IOL one said PASS also)

PASS! (the IOL one said PASS also)
    Hardly surprising, as it's the same database :)

All you can do is call them and ask what the story is. Some people have everything in as little as a week, some people have had the process drage out for ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭somano

I was waiting for 10 days but I signed up on credit card although I had a problem with the installation driver which took another couple of days. Just got credit card bill and it is for more than 49.49 and doesnt add up to remaining number of days in the month !

IOL rang today asking my desired user and pass.
    Does that mean line has passed?

How long must I wait now line to be enabled and modem to arrive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

2 weeks at the max:D, welcome to BB world!.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

IOL rang today asking my desired user and pass.
    Does that mean line has passed?

How long must I wait now line to be enabled and modem to arrive?

Yup, I mean why would they ask for a username & password and go through the hassle if your line hadn't passed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭somano

Found out why IOL charged me 60 odd euro.

They charge bi-monthly in advance.

1st month free but they have charged me from the day I sent the request to sign up eventhough it was 2 weeks later that I got software & modem! Bit rich that me thinks !

Originally posted by exiot
    Yup, I mean why would they ask for a username & password and go through the hassle if your line hadn't passed?

Left hand not knowing what right hand is doing etc.

Originally posted by rorook
    Found out why IOL charged me 60 odd euro.

They charge bi-monthly in advance.

1st month free but they have charged me from the day I sent the request to sign up eventhough it was 2 weeks later that I got software & modem! Bit rich that me thinks !
    It's more than a bit rich - it's probably illegal. If the first month is free, then your first "bi-monthly" bill should either come be for 1 month (the 2nd month) or arrive at the start of the 2nd month.

Don't just complain here - complain to ESAT, and get them to document exactly what dates you are being charged for, and if hey hadn't delivered the service by those dates, complain again, with copies to Comreg and whoever else you think might listen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Waiting since the end of October. Ringing them today to tell em to go fvck themselves and cancel the order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Advertisement