Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

what cars the best for modding?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Originally posted by kbannon
    The E46 M3 been modified - it has a different exhaust rear end (at least) and I think the horseshoe rear light cluster is an add-on.

Well spotted. The exhaust is carbon fibre, and your spot on with the lights :]

The hood of the car is also carbon fibre, the interior (which i didnt show) has cream/black/scraped silver on the dash and seats. mp3/cd player 10 interchangable (or something). Hes had the engine tuned, nothing other than the manifould to the exhaust has been changed.

The car was lowered 10mm manually, not from the shop(adjustable springs full coil over). Racing breaks and suspention (bmws product). LIGHTER PEDALS!.

There was a thought towards adding blue neon to the under neath of the car, but with lowering the car we were worried of smashing them on ramps + the fact that drilling into the skirts would lose alot of value onthe car itsself.

There is ice hidden all over the car, no visuals, just sound.

19'' x 8 on the front and x 10 on the back. Some special bumper on the rear which is also lighter and has some technology in it that absorbs pressure via bubbles or something.

There are a few other mods that i cant think of off the top of my head. But thats the example i was looking for. IMO modding a car should be done so that it sticks out, but is not really noticable (if you know what i mean). Its a fine line :)

Im not even going into secutiry on the car itsself... its tighter than a dolphins arse!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

btw kbannon. You just proved my point :)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Originally posted by red_ice
    Well spotted. The exhaust is carbon fibre, and your spot on with the lights :]

The hood of the car is also carbon fibre, the interior (which i didnt show) has cream/black/scraped silver on the dash and seats. mp3/cd player 10 interchangable (or something). Hes had the engine tuned, nothing other than the manifould to the exhaust has been changed.

The car was lowered 10mm manually, not from the shop(adjustable springs full coil over). Racing breaks and suspention (bmws product). LIGHTER PEDALS!.

There was a thought towards adding blue neon to the under neath of the car, but with lowering the car we were worried of smashing them on ramps + the fact that drilling into the skirts would lose alot of value onthe car itsself.

There is ice hidden all over the car, no visuals, just sound.

19'' x 8 on the front and x 10 on the back. Some special bumper on the rear which is also lighter and has some technology in it that absorbs pressure via bubbles or something.

There are a few other mods that i cant think of off the top of my head. But thats the example i was looking for. IMO modding a car should be done so that it sticks out, but is not really noticable (if you know what i mean). Its a fine line :)

Im not even going into secutiry on the car itsself... its tighter than a dolphins arse!
    AAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH Don't put feckin neon under it. You have a €100K motor there - don't destroy it. An E46 M3 is a beautiful car (even if it is not an E30 :D ).

I know a guy in the BMW Club who has a '03 black 318ci which has the M3 alloys, horseshoe lights and lovely red leather interior - something worth seeing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭leonotron

Micra's and Yaris's, ohh and those 93 era civics, speically the black ones, not enough of them modded. Nothing beats a stylish micra. Has anyone seen the newest model Micra modded yet? I bet they look the bleeding biz

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

Originally posted by kayos
    For me its my 1.8 20VT with 244.4lb/ft Torque :)

Whats the BHP like Kayos ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Originally posted by leonotron
    Micra's and Yaris's, ohh and those 93 era civics, speically the black ones, not enough of them modded. Nothing beats a stylish micra. Has anyone seen the newest model Micra modded yet? I bet they look the bleeding biz
    IMO it can't look any worse than the un-modded car. I think it is pig ugly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Originally posted by ondafly
    Whats the BHP like Kayos ?

Well the Oettinger Conversion is a 210 conversion but the problem is getting that figure on a RR with the crappy, tiny, lets face it s**t side mount intercooler... It has seen near 200 (198 I think it was I dont have the plot with me) on the RR but the last time due to some problems (running lean being one of them) it only gave 186, the 244.4lb/ft torque figure is from that day as well. I have been meaning to get back onto the RR since I have had a few bits sorted but I have not had the time. I really just need to sort out my charge temps before I would get a good power run on a rolling road.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

those new micras!!!!

/massive homer simpson type laugh

u have to be kidding what a stupid looking little car

ha hah me points and laughs

Advertisement