Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Colin Healy

• 09-12-2003 4:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭

Suprised there hasnt been a thread about this yet. For those who dont know, Ireland international and Sunderland midfielder Colin Healy has been the victim of a ferocious challenge during the Sunderland and Coventry game, and its been confirmed that the injury is a broken leg.

Sky Sports dont seem to want to show the close-up tackle again, and as I havent seen the live game, I havent seen the challenge fully. The commentators were going mental though, as was McCarthy, and the post-match analysis guy.

Gutted for Healy, he finally gets to play first-team, and this happens to him.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

They showeed the close up of th tackle on Sky News this morning, very nasty tackle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

there is a photo in the star of the moment of impact looks very nasty

your right though, you have to feel sorry for him, all that time on bench for celtic when finally moves (although should have gone to premiership club) he gets a broken leg for his trouble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

non malicious according to this sky sports article..article

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I saw it this mormning on Sky News, my cornflakes nearly hit the roof when I saw the way his ankle went :( I feel really sorry for the lad it would have been good for him to get a good long run in the first team. According to the reporter even McCarthy, whilst angry did say he felt it wasnt malicious but a badly timed tackle.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I didn't see the injury, but all I can say is I hope the guy will be ok after this. It would be a real shame to go out of the game at such an early stage in his career. Heres hoping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Larsson came back very strongly and quickly from a bad break. here's hoping colin a quick recovery

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Devious

What is it with Coventry and horror tackles! Remember David Busst? That, my friends, was the mother and father of all injuries. Poor guy has trouble walking even today!

Advertisement