Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best dvd media

• 09-12-2003 10:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭

will be buying the LG DVD-recorder IDE GSA-4040B, Retail soon and will prob be buying a tub of 25 discs from blank disc shop to go with it. will probably go for dvd-r and was looking for recommendations. all im looking for is a disc which will burn at 4x without probs and be compatible with most standalone players.

particularly want to hear from you if you have this burner

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭gsand

any ritek or dark purple dye disk should be fine-they give the best all round returns and are much better than the lighter dyes or datasafe or bulkpaq or such crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

I don't know about DVDs but Ritek CDs corrode after a year or two.

I would favour VERBATIM datalife, TDK, or KODAK/PHILIPS[SONY] - Incidentally all of whom fab their disks unlike Ritek/Memorex erc.

tribble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Don't know anything about corrosion (haven't had any of them long enough) but for value for money, the DataSafe Riteks (Ritek G04) seem to be fully supported on every platform I've thrown them at, with no coasters...

Cost me approx €1.70 each, from SVP (Blank Disc Shop)..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

just bought the Optowrite 8x +/- RW drive (waiting for delivery), and one of the things that interests me most is the HD-Burn feature. Sounds good anyway. using the much higher precision DVD laser to burn 1.4gb onto a standard CD-R suits me fine.

They claim that most modern DVD-ROM drives (and possibly DVD players) should be able to play the disks with a minor modification, and most new (emerging) drives will contain the necessary stuff to do it out of the box.

I can get very high quality DivX's or even SVCD's onto a single CD-R and at the fraction of the cost of blank DVD's.

sounds good to me anyway.

has anyone used this?

anyway, i digress. it's coming with a spindle of DVD's anyway form the seller, so I'll see what they are when it gets here and let you know.

I just wanted to show off me new toy anyway. guess i should weait till it arrives, but I'm just so damn excited i had to tell someone!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

Originally posted by Krusty_Clown
    Don't know anything about corrosion (haven't had any of them long enough) but for value for money, the DataSafe Riteks (Ritek G04) seem to be fully supported on every platform I've thrown them at, with no coasters...

Cost me approx €1.70 each, from SVP (Blank Disc Shop)..

i think those datasafe riteks are the ones im gonna go for. u mean the ones on this page third ones down, dont u?

• Advertisement
Advertisement