Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Houllier warned 'Champions league or bust'

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

If he was managing Leeds he'd have gone years ago ! His idea to change the team tactics is too little too late IMO !

Tinky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Big al

hey hey, 3 years too late though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Looks like Bust i reckon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

Yay! Houllier is gone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

also means that neither cisse nor bomsong will sign :( they're only coming for houllier, looks like boumsong has got sniff of this and gone to gers...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Thanks to Houllier for explaining the obvious. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

A slight slip of the tongue by one of the Sky News commentators, he said the Liverpool chairman David Moyes warned Houllier ... slight conflict of interests there methinks !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

what if he achieves the *champions league spot*...
    he'll get 30 million to spent .. he spent it on sh*te players .. he have another bad season and we are another year behind... :(

get him out now.. ffs. :mad:

bring back fowler ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Tray

The supposedly done deals on Boumsong and, more importantly Cisse, are now in doubt as they wanted to play under Houllier- not good news!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

Kinnear for manager:D GWAN joe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Big al

looks like boumsong has got sniff of this and gone to gers

he cant be that good then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

I hope we do qualify and that he stays. He has the team playing good attacking football and long may it last. Hopefully Cisse and Boumsong come in and they boost things a bit. Also, the team at the moment are hit by quite a few injuries, carragher, henchoz (not fully fit), Baros, Owen Kewell. Maybe they will get a bit of a run going and secure a champion's league place. Who know maybe push for second or third when chelsea and Arsenal have their blip in the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

So the whole story was a load of hogwash after all. I didn't believe it when I read it. I'm sorta coming around to see how Houllier gets annoyed with the press getting on his back so much. First they misread the Owen incident and now this, I wonder whats next.

I'm with T4TF. I hope we qaulify and GH stays on board. However the aquisition of both Boumsong and Cisse is looking bleak after todays comments from GH. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I kinda felt Houllier would be going anyway, not to Austrailia but "upstairs" at the "invitiation" of the board.
    The main question now is will the board sanction any spending in January. I think Le Boss said he did'nt intend
    signing anyone so maybe he already knows he wont get any money....

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

The whole thing has been twisted by the media, again. I am surprised they didnt suggest that Real had already lined up a big of 30 million for him. He will not be ousted and he will make 4th spot at least..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

If he does go, we should hopefully see the back of heskey. Unless Sven takes over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

The main question now is will the board sanction any spending in January. I think Le Boss said he did'nt intend

Good point can't see them give him dosh if they expect him to be gone next summer. Shame he couldn,t get it right at Anfield because he comes across as being a genuine nice guy. Unfortunately football is not a popularity contest and most of his purchases were simply not good enough.

Advertisement