Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any 1 use MSI TV @nywhere Master, Tv-Tuner

• 09-12-2003 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

need to buy a tv tunner card an came across this any 1 have it? an whats it like?

MSI TV @nywhere Master, Tv-Tuner
    Stereo, PCI,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭esquier

I have`nt got one but I checked up on one, reviews etc, and apparently it`s a load of crap, I got an Avertv studio 203 and it`s ok tho`I think a Leadtek winfast 2000Xp might have been a better bet, circa £39 stg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

I got one from komplett, but had to send it back, beacuse MSI/komplett couldn't fix my problems. Radio never worked, TV hung on startup 2 out of 3 times, and picture was always in black and white regardless of source and broadcast settings.

I don't know if that was a Win XP (with and w/o SP1) problem, a multiple monitor/graphics card problem, or just a plain does not work! Either way it went back in favour of a Hauppage WinTV which works perfectly bar sometimes when the radio mutes all by itself after a few seconds (a system restart seems to sort that though).

HTH
    .cg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

I have one - from komplett. Piece of crap really. By piece of crap I mean the hardware is very good - but the drivers and software are really shoddy. There's new drivers on the MSI site now. They do work better. I have it working under WXP.

I wouldn;t recommend it though. More hassle than its worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

Clad i asked the help of boards user's before i purchased. Sounds like i saved a lot of cash an hassle. Cheers for the replys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Just to further ensure you that you've made the right choice. I bought one during the summer from Komplett and had to send it back 3 times before he finally gave up and said that it was probably just a bad batch.

Its really crap tbh but then I never managed to get it working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

i had one and the software/drivers are crap, is was working fine for a while then wouldnt work after i reinstalled windows xp.wouldnt recomend it but if you still want to buy one i have one for sale :)

Advertisement