Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dwarf Joke

• 09-12-2003 6:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭

like i said its a joke from red dwarf. Sorry if its been posted befoe

The background: The toaster was complaining that no one ever wants to make toast any more and lister said that giving personalities to in-ainimate objects was one of the worst things mankind ever did and he recalled a story.

Lister: My mate Peterson had a pair of artificial reality shoes once. The idea was no matter how blind drunk you got they would always bring you home. So they were workin fine for a few weeks and then one morning he woke up in burma. The thing was they got bored just walkin from his local to his house, they wanted to explore and see the world. After that he never trusted them and decided to sell them, actually he sold them a few times but everytime the new owner got drunk, they would come back to peterson's house. Eventually he got sick of them keep coming back and tied them up ina black bag and threw them out. They got out of the bag by themselves but got very depressed. They felt like no one wanted them so they stole a car and drove off a pier. They had no arms, they couldnt steer. After peterson herd about this he felt a little guility and felt he should have given them a second chance. He started to get really depressed and went to talk to a priest. The priest told him not to wory about it as the shoes have gone to a better place.
    You see it turns out

shoes have soles.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,409 ✭✭✭ando

LOL

Gota love Red Dwarf ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

*cheese*
    gudin though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

o m g *extra big goan*......like somethin ricky gervais wud say in the office......... That sorta cringe inducing joke.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Hee Hee:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

smeghead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭xern

what the smeg!! i didn't see that coming!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

/shiver

seeing as its from red dwarf we'll let you away with it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

pure brilliantance. red dwarf rules

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭El_MUERkO

5-3l.jpg

That show made me curl up in pain from laughter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Ronika

its great if you think it in the way Lister would have said it- very funny:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭bozzie

there all out to get me

\shiver

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

you're lucky it was lister who said that, if you'd had posted it, you'd be shunned from the boards forever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭The_Goose

Long live Red Dwarf!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

[scouser]
    Shooes have soooles
    [/scouser]

rofl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

I watched every episode of Red Dwarf there a while back, about 2 months or so (all 8 series, a total of 52 episodes at 30minutes each), and I have to say, out of all the great jokes in them, you had to pick THAT cringe worthy one, I remember verging on tears at that one :)

Advertisement