Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My bought Q3 wont work on net

Options
  • 17-12-1999 9:18pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,888 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Today I finally went into Game in Grafton Street to buy Quake 3, brought it home played the single player mode for a few hours and I was very happy untill I dialed up my esat connection to play it on the net only to find I get this message saying someone else is using my key. This is ridiculous, i paid fekin 30 quid for someting that doesnt work. All i can do is bring it back, anyone else bought the game to find they cant play it online? This is really annoying

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

its not the cd key thats the problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Cr^sH

Hey.

I've encountered the same problem i've tried the number on the back as directed by the manual and ive tried various other numbers about the BOX could anyone give some help on this topic maybe Jedi or someone please ?

Merry Christmas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Havok.old

Get on to Id Software. E-mail the Activision Tech Support. I reckon Q3 is still brim-full with BUGS, despite all the 'TEST' crap. You paid MONEY for the game... so email them till the Cows Come Home... I mean they'd have to be absolute NOB'S to ignore you!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Dont look for the CDKey on the box or in the manual, its on the front of the CD Case(bottom right on mine) It actually says CDKey on the sticker!

Hope this helps,

Jimmy...

Well thanks lad's for the replies and solutions, Havok i will give that a try. And Sickboy theres a sticker on the front of my case with a barcode over a lot of letters and numbers, But when i go to type it in it says CD KEY invalid...

Thank's.

Merry Christmas!

• Advertisement

Actually that KEY on the front of the CD works after a few attempts..Hmm maybe its just quake 3 is buggy thats all...

Merry Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Mine worked fine first time. Oh and the full version still doesn't work with GL extensions switched on with my v3 3500 TV. Well it does but I can see through walls. I hate all this GLsetup crap.

[Insert cool quote here]
    Play GLminesweeper!
    http://www.iol.ie/~adamj/dl/mineswp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Mine works sunglasses.gif

[This message has been edited by SickBoy (edited 18-12-1999).]

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,888 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

i brought my copy of q3 back to Game today and they noticed that the cd-key was missing 2 letters, thats why it didnt work, there are supposed to be quite a few copys of quake 3 circulating with cd=keys off-printed on the labels. They gave me a new copy of the game which is perfect now smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Jelvon

sure my copy of q3 didn't even have a cd key sticker , I just rung up Electronics Boutique and they gave me a cd key over the phone =). Amp you running wickedgl? cause the gl drivers works with my 3500 when you use it.

Jelv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

My CD key starts with LSD, so that's a good sign already tongue.gif

Advertisement