Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry Info PLease

• 09-12-2003 11:28pm
    Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭

Hello Everybody,

Thinking of getting a blackberry anybody got any thoughts either good are bad

Thanks,
    TCP/IP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

I worked in a company for seven months in the IT department and all the users had them. They were very useful in a business enviroment, I'm not sure how they'll pan out when used by hotmail, etc. We had the advantage of beening able to administer a lot of the functions from our side...

Apart from that they were pretty good, green screens no colour, no attachments in email although when I was leaving they were bringing in Microsoft document attachment functionality but still no pdf's, pictures etc

• Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

thanks mate I have O2 demoing the system to me tommrow along with the new colour blackberry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

get them to show you the XDA II at the same time - most smartphones / pda-phones can just be set to poll for email headers at various intervals anyhow

also if running an up to date MS Exchange backend you can get push email working with Windows Mobile 2003 devices...

Blackberries are / were liked by businesses as they did one task well and were easy enough to roll-out - didn't have end users screwing them up as much as say they could a PDA

for personal use i wouldn't be a fan of them and would go for a smartphones / pda-phones - thought the new colour Blackberry was very chunky too

BrianG

Thanks Brian,

The major plus of the new colour blackberry is the price €149 inc vat
    Smart phones + XDA 1/2 are much more expensive.

Any news when I can buy a SENDO X sim free from anywhere mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

ah - that sure is cheaper than the XDA II alright :)

Sendo X - they said they were aiming to have it out before the end of the year - but that isn't looking likely - it's still awaiting regulatory approvial so best to check again once that that clears

BrianG

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Originally posted by thesteve

Apart from that they were pretty good, green screens no colour, no attachments in email although when I was leaving they were bringing in Microsoft document attachment functionality but still no pdf's, pictures etc

They have improved it with the Blackberry 7230 which has a colour screen and wider global reach for wireless voice mail and e-mail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Originally posted by DubWireless
    most smartphones / pda-phones can just be set to poll for email headers at various intervals anyhow

Brian

Do you know if this can be done with Nokia 7650 or 3650???

I use them for email but have to keep logging in and out to check mail.

Also, if I bring in my eircom mail on the phone using my O2 connection, I cannot reply from the phone and vice versa....... If I bring in O2 mail on my desktop while connected to my Eircom ISP a/c, it will not send O2 mail out!

:confused:

(I vaguely remember the words "seamless" and "integration" a few years ago??)

had a blackberry for the last three months and it is the business keep your mobile for voice and use the blackberry for mail and it is a gem. I have it hooking into a hotmail + eircom + O2 + company exchange server and it handles anything I throw at it sheer brilliance.

which model is it, as they (O2) were on to me during the week trying to get me to take one?

7230 mate

• Advertisement

Cheers

Just gonna have a look at the website and check out the specs

Advertisement