Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flat Panel Monitor for Gaming

Options
  • 10-12-2003 2:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭

I'm gonna buy a flat panel for gaming - the one I'm looking at is €650 del inc. and can be seen here

http://www.neovo.com/products/F-419.htm

It's a 19" monitor, 10-15ms response time, 700:1 CR... it really seems to be a great monitor. Has anyone used one? Am I right in concluding that the lower the response time the better and the higher the contrast ratio the better?

Anyone know of better monitors? I'd take a 17" no problem - but only if it had the same capabilities....

Opinions on this welcome, and links to other good gaming monitors welcome too.

thanx
    B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭chopster

Got myself one of these ,came out tops in a tom's hardware review here http://www4.tomshardware.com/display/20030626/index.html .

Everybody seems to be raving about them over in overclockers forum , best thing is there is a zero dead pixel policy meaning you can change it if it has even one dead pixel. Been playing halo and Unreal 2 mp demo and absolutely no ghosting whatsoever ! Cost €500 plus carriage €48 .

An absolute steal ..well i thought anyway.

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭jow

Originally posted by chopster
    Got myself one of these ,came out tops in a tom's hardware review here http://www4.tomshardware.com/display/20030626/index.html .

Everybody seems to be raving about them over in overclockers forum , best thing is there is a zero dead pixel policy meaning you can change it if it has even one dead pixel. Been playing halo and Unreal 2 mp demo and absolutely no ghosting whatsoever ! Cost €500 plus carriage €48 .
    Hi,
    I have two tests in hardware magazines about the q17:
    one says: Yes, that is the TFT to go for
    the other: definitely not, it is too slow (they measured the response time for switching from black to white) and it showed up to be around 30ms.

On the other hand, I had a philips 18" tft a time ago. This display should have a response time of 30ms, but I was not able to figure out ghost images during playing battlefield. ;)

The manufacturers are lying! They know what the consumer want and so they tell you _how_fast_ their display is... :mad:

And the conclusion:
    Excately these results show that I would strongly recommend that you go in any store and have a look for some tft's. Then you can decide what you want or not. It is much better for finding a tft that suit your needs.

jow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

the hyundai looks pretty good alright - where did you get it?

Anyone know of any US companies that ship to Ireland? The dollar-euro conversion rate really favours us at the moment - the only companies I can find are charging $200 shipping!!

Other than e-buyer.co.uk, who are the english companies that will ship to Ireland and have good TFT prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

15ms / 10ms (Typical)

I'm skeptical of those response times I've never heard of a monitor with such low times!.....*Offler then reads the quote again*. Ahh the response times are actually 25ms I'll explain 15ms rise time + 10 ms fall time = 25ms.....well that's kinda sneaky:D!!!!.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭chopster

Killah_B

Q17 was got from overclockers , as i said check out what others have to say about it on the forums in the site don't just take my word for it.

Put my order in saturday morning got it following Wednesday not bad at all. carriage is €48 euro tho but that's for any amount of order as i got a few other bits and bobs as well.

As i said they have a zero pixel warranty and just as luck would have indeed i have zero dead pixels ! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement