Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal -v- Moscow

• 10-12-2003 9:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭

A good build up article Here

Henry and vieira are back:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

Have a feeling this could be a 0-0 draw - Moscow only need that to qualify and Arsenal have struggles to break down teams in Europe especially at home.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Moscow are going to put 9 men behind the ball and rely on a flukey counter-attack to trouble Arsenal. The first 20 - 30 minutes will be crutial and I feel that Arsenal will come out all guns blazing and really put the pressure on.

From what I have seen of Moscow in the other games, they are far from tight at the back and hopefully Arsenal can break them down.

A win for Arsenal would see them top the group which looked a million miles away only a month ago.

Hyzepher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Exactly. All set for a night of high-tension and drama, so! A goal in the first 20 minutes would really suit Arsenal - I don't think my nerves can take many more 88th minute winners! (Although, better late than never!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Good Luck to the Gunners. I would like to see them go throught tonight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

is it being shown on tv tonight??

why is celtic games always showed before arsenal games!!
    they should vary it a bit like! not once have rte showed an arsenal game first:(
    (waiting for all the rants on how half of ireland supports celtic)

• Advertisement

why is celtic games always showed before arsenal games!!

Dont be silly dont half of Ireland Support Celtic,
    (waiting for all the rants on how half of ireland supports celtic)

There Ya GO:D

sky have it though dont they??

sky have it though dont they??

Yep Sky Sports 2 from 6 pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭jEt|Dino

2 nil to arsenal, henry and pires

Originally posted by The Muppet
    Yep Sky Sports 2 from 6 pm.

might call up to the girl firends house then

i sooo have my prorities right!!:D ;)

arsenal to get an early goal (hopefully)

big game expect from vieira tonight, the whole team will be looking to him as the captian of the club and to prove that he is back to his best.

henry too to be important but i expect a goal to come from the wing pires/ljungberg

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Tense already!

Moscow are going to sit back and clog up that little Highbury pitch, not good for Arsenal. They'll also probably put half their team on Henry :p

Big game financially for Arsenal aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Originally posted by jank
    might call up to the girl firends house then

i sooo have my prorities right!!:D ;)

arsenal to get an early goal (hopefully)

big game expect from vieira tonight, the whole team will be looking to him as the captian of the club and to prove that he is back to his best.

henry too to be important but i expect a goal to come from the wing pires/ljungberg

Whats is it with posters in this place always advertising they have a girlfriend.. ahem ahem yeah right :D yup I am back

Anyway, I am hoping Arsenal make it throught tonight and push on into the semi finals or the final. If they can get themselves going, Real are the only threat to them in the whole competition. However, whats the likelihood of them getting it all together?

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

Arsenal 1 goal and 1 man to the good at half-time. damned RTE. only way i can keep up to date is Uefa.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by Aliminator
    Arsenal 1 goal and 1 man to the good at half-time. damned RTE. only way i can keep up to date is Uefa.com

why not watch it on RTÉ later on and stay away from the updates

Originally posted by jesus_thats_gre
    Whats is it with posters in this place always advertising they have a girlfriend.. ahem ahem yeah right :D yup I am back

nice cheap shot!!:rolleyes: have been around these boards a while and have rarely come across this.

with regards the match i wasnt that worried to be honest i knew that wouldnt feck it up after coming this far in so short a time span

moscow were there own worst enemy utd or chelsea will prob fancy getting them however they will be tough nut to crack come the second round imo
    who would have thought that inter finished third!! and there a good side like they shouldnt have sacked cuper mid season

i predicted pires ljundberg to score, should have put a few bob on it! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

What ???? only 2-0 against a side not fit to be in the second division with only 10 players for most of the match!

To be honest I expected Arsenal to romp it with 3 or 4 - maybe cole was nervous or sumthin' :D he didnt display much tonight !!!

Tinky

what 5-1 against inter expect the arsenal to lose that 3-0 ;)

a second division side you must be joking they took 4 points of inter didnt they!!

They were crap tonight, 5 mins after the start I expected 7 or 8 nil to Arsenal.

Vierra looked a bit dodgy at times - nice to see Campbell keep his elbows down and Cole stay on his feet !

I think they made a meal out of what appeared to be a simple win for them 1

Tinky

Anyway, I am hoping Arsenal make it throught tonight and push on into the semi finals or the final. If they can get themselves going, Real are the only threat to them in the whole competition. However, whats the likelihood of them getting it all together?

This from the man who predicted "Arsenal will finish 5th in the Premiership at best" (and predicted Liverpool to win it)! :p

You're obviously plotting an evil scheme to jinx us! You b*stard!

Originally posted by tinky
    They were crap tonight, 5 mins after the start I expected 7 or 8 nil to Arsenal.

Tinky

2-0 win is crap is suppose i see by your so valid reasons that you know loads of soccer, not once good point so far on this thread no point at all really besides that rant that they were ****</rant>
    Vierra looked a bit dodgy at times - nice to see Campbell keep his elbows down and Cole stay on his feet !
    its his second full game in 2-3 months back after injury

scholes wasnt really man of the match now was he last night!!

they made a meal out of it??
    sure it could have been four or five but they controlled the game from start to finish as i said what more do you want??

cherries:D

• Advertisement

Originally posted by mr_angry
    This from the man who predicted "Arsenal will finish 5th in the Premiership at best" (and predicted Liverpool to win it)! :p

really arsenal to finish fifth lol!!:D

i presume you read this http://www.football365.com/You_Say_We_say/Jon_Nicholson/story_75487.shtml

never thought you were a fan of JOHN NICHOLSON

Quote:

. . scholes wasnt really man of the match now was he last night!!

Maybe not his best, but he looked eager and certainly tried, Vierra looked very nervous and reluctant.

With regard to John Nicholson - he was a bit OTT but with Arsenal's inability to confirm funds for their new stadium some of his points are valid !!

Tinky

rofl at that article by John Nicholson. he clearly knows his stuff.

lokomotif were crap tonight. Arsenal played well when they needed to; less than outstanding finishing was the only thing that kept moscow in the game. Pires was my man of the match. Henry was excellent, Ljungberg & Bergkamp were very good also. Lehmann was the best player in the rear gaurd tonight.

suppose you havent read the news lately :rolleyes:

at least get up to date like!!:)

http://www.football365.com/All_News/Premiership_News/story_93179.shtml
    found on the bbc website too and one or two others

not confirmed offically by arsenal yet but it will anyday now

tinky at least give credit where credit is due to arsenal
    they drove themselves back in it by sheer will imo and topping the group!!

as regards viera didnt he win the ball back to set up the second goal!!:)!:confused:

thought he played well enough but most of the play was attacking which suited the wingers more

Yeah I heard what Wenger said and I read the news piece . . . Leeds united comes to mind only 4 times over - 260 milion !!!! and only 10 mil to spend on players come the window - maybe Nicholson has a point about the financial state of Arsenal and their future.

Tinky

... Which is a LOT more than they spent during the summer, and it hasn't done them any harm.

hopefully a striker on the way

eto'o
    kezman
    klivuert
    reyes??

arsenal need someone up there with henry, someone strong and good in the box and the air (ruud anyone??)

Reyes is a winger, and is seemingly out of Arsenal's budget. Wouldn't fancy seeing Kluivert joining, dunno about eto'o and Kezman... doesn't seem very likely tbh.

Up to now it hasn't but it's only December . . the season is young. If Henry or Pires get injured who will replace them? This is where the lack of funds shows !

Even though I'm a United fan I believe Chelse will be above Arsenal come April and will probably win the league too . .

In recent years Arsenal have made plenty of shapes at the title and may have deserved to win it several times, but when push comes to shove they only know how to play one way ! Thats the problem with them they dont seem to be able to adapt, only play the way they know and if that does not work their lost !

Tinky

• Advertisement

same could be said about utd

lose ruud and keane and who will replace them??

think chelsea have the stongest squad by far and they will go all the way but titles are won in may/april so they may not have the team spirit to do it and the mentality
    while utd and arsenal have done it

as regards arsenal losing it well arsenal only bottled it once and that was last year

remember arsenal are a much smaller club than utd and if they were on a level playing field money wise then arsenal would have much more titles under its belt
    the new stadium is trying to rectify that
    an extra 40 million a year would be generated in income from the new stadium, thats a lot of extra cash a year for a smaller club like arsenal

in the last two years arsenal have won 3 out of the 4 major domestic titles

not bad for a club half the size of utd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Henry is just stupidly good, hes starting to remind me of zidane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Originally posted by jank

as regards viera didnt he win the ball back to set up the second goal!!:)!:confused:

vieira was outstanding. 1st "real" game back after injury. he lost it and won it back straight away.

Henry had want to get Player Of The Year:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Tray

Originally posted by tinky

Tinky

Come on now Minky- credit where its due. Good professional performance from the Gunners. Toure is turning into a very decent player..

Come on now Minky- ......

:rolleyes: FFS have you nothing new ???!!!

TINKY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Originally posted by mr_angry

You're obviously plotting an evil scheme to jinx us! You b*stard!

Haha, I think ya got that mixed up a bit there. I think I predicted Arsenal to finish 4th and Liverpool to finish third or something. Cant rememeber to be honest. When you making predictions at the start of the season, you gotta have at least one crazy theory...

As for the match, fair played to them. Hopefully they will keep pushing onwards.

• Advertisement

Haha, I think ya got that mixed up a bit there. I think I predicted Arsenal to finish 4th and Liverpool to finish third or something. Cant rememeber to be honest. When you making predictions at the start of the season, you gotta have at least one crazy theory...

You can add to that the crazy theories that everyone had, regarding Everton and Blackburn. Thanks to Wayne "Cola" Rooney, and Graeme "I-eat-babies-for-breakfast" Souness, my predictions have been well and truely shafted.

Advertisement