Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regular Boards.ie Poker night

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Lafortezza got a lovely set for 70 odds bills of the sterling variety. I'd played with them and thier awful nice.

Originally posted by Laf:
    Nope, no number values on them, got them from this website ( http://www.gamingchips.co.uk/acatalog/partners_Clay_Style_One_Colour___Sets_173.html ) the 300 chip value pack. £71 sterling for chips and delivery by www.parcelforce.com, ordered them on sunday night last, and they arrived this morning.

Anywhere I looked elsewhere were far more expensive. www.oksports.ie were much dearer for similar chips, and any where else in the UK or US would have cost about €140+ for the same chips and delivery./quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

jebus sort out your quoting skillz :)
    yeah my chips are great for up to about 8 people max I'd say.
    Originally posted by DapperGent
    Lafortezza got a lovely set for 70 odds bills of the sterling variety. I'd played with them and thier awful nice.
    Originally posted by Laf:
    Nope, no number values on them, got them from this website ( http://www.gamingchips.co.uk/acatalog/partners_Clay_Style_One_Colour___Sets_173.html ) the 300 chip value pack. £71 sterling for chips and delivery by www.parcelforce.com, ordered them on sunday night last, and they arrived this morning.
    Anywhere I looked elsewhere were far more expensive. www.oksports.ie were much dearer for similar chips, and any where else in the UK or US would have cost about €140+ for the same chips and delivery.
    Originally posted by NeVeR
    i got 500 11.5 gram clay chips for 60USD in a nice Aluminium case, with cards and dices, really nice,
    60 dollars? shurely shome mishtake?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Completly off-topic but why do you advertise the site www.davidstokes.com, when none of the links on the site work?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

davidstokes.com is my site,, i just dont have time to do anything to it right now,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Bringing this thread back on topic, I'd say that maybe the booking of a room for a boards poker night in the Fitzwilliam might not be the best idea. It might be better if everyone just entered the free tournament that a few of us went to last night.
    Save everyone 35+euro and we can still chat around the tables.

meh 2 cents

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

The business league is a good idea. I tried to get my company involved but could not get enough players. The deal is a team of five playing on any given night with 2 subs allowed to be present. If you can't get a full team (not a problem for boards I think) they will allow teams to merge. If Dev is up for it it would be pretty cool.

MrP

How much is it do you know?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

No details as of yet - they said it would be Tuesday b4 they would have anything concrete

Hyzepher

Business League Update - talked to fitzwilliam and a team consists of 5 players (2 others as cover are optional) - cost is €100 per team for 6 sixs (every monday 6:15pm - 8pm). Starts Monday 2nd February.

Obviously if you want to take part you will need to be available for the full 6 weeks - I think we would have enough for mor ethan 1 team

Hyzepher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

Originally posted by Hyzepher
    Business League Update - talked to fitzwilliam and a team consists of 5 players (2 others as cover are optional) - cost is €200 per team for 6 sixs (every monday 6:15pm - 8pm). Starts Monday 2nd February.

Might be a idea to have teams of 7 so if someone isn't available there is the option to continue. Maybe rotate different person out each week so everybody gets about 5 weeks action. If someone can't come then the rest has cover.

Did he mention what the possible prizes are for this ~ €17 (€15 for 7 peeps)investment? Other than the joy of poker, obviously.

sorry - got the cost wrong - it is only €100 per team.

Hyzepher

I put my name down but I'm not going to be able to make Mondays.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

The prizes are in the news section of the site (I think). They are not big. I think it is 200 & 100 or some such. The main reward is, of course, the taking part!

It does look like we would be able to field at least 2 teams. I presume we would need premission from Dev or some other of the powers that be before kicking this off? I expect Dev might also want to play.

MrP

AFAIK first prize is €1000 - so if 5 on a team that would be €200 each - nat to shabby

Hyzepher

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭whiteshadow

I popped into the united arts club the other day,
    right up the road from the fitzwilliam.
    There's a members bar there with cheap drink,
    a lovely old building and chess club upstairs.

It'd be a great venue for poker nights also as there's
    lots of room. Id say on some days they'd appreciate the business
    and perhaps if we organised it a cut of the buy ins could go to the
    house.

http://www.dublinarts.com/

Only problem is membership. it's quite expensive but
    ill look into it. Maybe if i joined i could borrow the room
    etc.. etc...

Advertisement