Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas lights

• 10-12-2003 11:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭

In an effort to wake up the the board (I almost said 'Cork board') I'll post some tripe.

As my subject would suggest, this is about Christmas lights.. or the lack of them at least. Where are the lights on Patrick St? Yes, I was given the grim news several months ago that they weren't to be put up anymore as they look 'old'. As someone who used to venture into the city (the whole 10 minute venture) several times over Christmas just to enjoy the lights I must say I'm fairly bloody disgusted that they aren't being put up. Sure we still have the same 'old' lights on Oliver Plunkett St and several other streets but the main attraction is gone. Gone only to be replaced with giant bloody football stadium floodlights too I might add. If axing the lights on Patrick St, something I have enjoyed for as long as I can remember, is what comes under the heading of "modernisation" then I'm not sure that I want to be bothered with any of it.

Bring back the lights, with or without our 'ultra modern' street makeover.

In fact... I'll make it into a bloody poll!

Bring back the lights? 9 votes

Yes, bring them back!
    0% 0 votes
    No, bah humbug!
    100% 9 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

They should bring them back, maybe they will when the damned street is finally finished. The new lights suck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Must say I think Patrick street does look a hell of a lot better that it was previously but the lack of lights is a disgrace.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I nearly womitted every time I passed by the Marks & Sparks end of Pana - standard jokes about stringing the designer up from his gallows in full flight - but I have to say that I was up the other end by BK's recently and I could kinda see it coming together. Ain't seen the christmas lights yet though.

adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

They won't be having lights - they decided that they'd spend the cash on 4 30 foot christmas trees instead. Don't ye read the echo? :)

I prefer it this way - I like the new Patrick Street - and I prefer the trees to the lights.

Originally posted by deRanged
    Don't ye read the echo?
    God no.

Hang on, hang on, I take it back. I read it in Man Fu House once a month. Cover to cover in the time it takes them to lash together my chicken and ham fried rice.

adam

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Originally posted by dahamsta

Hang on, hang on, I take it back. I read it in Man Fu House once a month. Cover to cover in the time it takes them to lash together my chicken and ham fried rice.

Oh Christ Adam no ! I'll but them a subscription to the Guardian or whatever.

Originally posted by yellum
    Oh Christ Adam no ! I'll but them a subscription to the Guardian or whatever.
    I know, it's a bloody disgrace. And their feng shui is all over the shop like.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Why can't they buy some new Christmas lights? is that the plan for next year?

I hate the new street lights I have to say. They widen the footpath and then take up half of it with crooked lampposts, thats clever. Some people seem to like them, at night they don't look too bad, but in the day time they are damn ugly. In general the street is starting to look nice though. I'm sure we will have super shiny christmas lights for 2005!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Originally posted by dahamsta
    God no.

adam

and that's quick...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement