Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Isle Studios closes

• 10-12-2003 11:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭

Courtesy of /.

Click here

Basically it would appear that Interplay execs can't see their feet for their noses getting in the way because RPG's take longer to make then FPS games.

Muppets.

And fallout 3 has been shelved because of it!! Grrrrrrrrr

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

You can't be serious!

*Checks link*

Oh. You are.

NOooooooo!

Dammit. I loved Black Isle. They made some brilliant games. At least they finished the Baldur's Gate saga before this.

It's like when Looking Glass closed down, only worse.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭cr1spy

At least we still have Bioware.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

dammit. RPGs will never be the same again. stupid FPS and the Unreal/quake/counterstrike fanboys. damn them with all their expendable income. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Don't forget the general inability to type a single coherent sentance...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Originally posted by Lemming
    Courtesy of /.

Click here

Basically it would appear that Interplay execs can't see their feet for their noses getting in the way because RPG's take longer to make then FPS games.

Muppets.

And fallout 3 has been shelved because of it!! Grrrrrrrrr

Interplay execs need to be hacked to death with spoon's over the whole screw up with no Freespace 3 :(

They hold the Freespace license, are doing nothing with it, and refuse to give it up.
    They hold the Fallout license and are evidently not going to do anything with it anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

spoons would be too good for them, a swarm of rabid field mice should strip their bones chean.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Ahhhhhhhhh feck!

And there I was yesterday thinking to myself how great it would be if they made another Baldur's Gate game or something very similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭cr1spy

There still could be another Baldur's Gate game. That game was developed by Bioware, Black Isle only handled some of the publishing and QA.

Bioware developed BG 1+2 and NeverWinter Nights, Black Isle made Planescape Torment, Fallout and Icewind Dale.

So there still is hope for decent RPGs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

... <urge to bring end to world rising>...

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

But black isle have the publishing rights for icewind dale & baldurs gate. So theres only neverwinter nights left :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

"^"&$^£$£$ Fallout series, my favourite games

the bastards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Baldurs' gate is number 2 in my alltime favourite games, this is so disappointing :(

1) Champ Man 2) Baldurs gate 3) DoD 3.1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

now that the fallout games are gone i'll never get to marry a man and pimp him out again.........such a shame

this really sucks, who will supply us with rpg's that have a dirty sense of humour, and bad language, and floating skulls/easter eggs, and harlots..........gaming just wont feel the same any more

Originally posted by i_am_dogboy
    this really sucks, who will supply us with rpg's that have a dirty sense of humour, and bad language, and floating skulls/easter eggs, and harlots..........

or a holy hand grenade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

haha some of those random encounters were legendary, cant remember a lot but 7 nights of apocolypse? and power-rangers

was really looking foward to fallout 3 too

the boulevard of broken dreams inspired one from fallout2 where you could get dogmeat was classic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

my favourite was the giant head in the ground, not sure if it was fallout 1 or 2-"i wish i could see what's behind me"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

There will always be Larian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

Schandal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,522 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Its looking like it was all a BS rumour started by a ex-employee with a grudge.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/446/446757p1.html

- Dave.

• Advertisement
Advertisement