Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Microset Sessions this Friday 12th Dec

Options
  • 10-12-2003 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭

Thanks to all who came out in force for The Microset Sessions last week! It was a great night. Miriam Ingram had the vocal talents of Nina Hynes backing her up and Keith O'Brien put his G4 Laptop to the test. Singleton had a great set after some initial guitar problems and Ann Scott gave a great performance! This week sees 5 more excellent acts on the Boom Boom Stage. All of the acts are acoustic circuit veterens playing 30 mins of original music each.

The line up for this Friday 12th Dec is:

*The Guggenheim Grotto (www.guggenheimgrotto.com)
    *Alice Jago (www.alicejago.com)
    *Margaret Healy (www.margarethealy.com)
    *Fiach (www.fiachmusic.com)
    *Kal (aka Karen O'Reilly)

Admission to the Microset Sessions is only €3!
    or 2 people for €5!! So it's a great opportunity to check out some great live music for next to nothing!
    Doors are at 8:30 sharp.
    The Microset Sessions are held in the Boom Boom Room which is beside the Ambassador.
    Above Patrick Conway's Pub.
    Hope to see you there!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 cirql8

Saw Kal at her last Microset gig. She was last up on a busy night. Still she managed to shush em down with some great tunes and a couple of sharp comments. Totally worth hearing and not just coz I know her!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Hoop-la!.. yea, a great set by kal. Guggenheim Grotto I think are poised for stardom.. I mean they have to be... Supports to Christy Moore in Vicar St, Damien Rice.. David Kitt.. heard they had an EMI scout v interested but as usual fell thru... What else is new.. what else.?....:confused: oh, alice Jago garnered rave reviews for her acoustic set at Listoonvarna fest earlier this year and Fiach comes recommended by the Grotto boys. Kal is the next Beth / PJ / Dido. and yes I am serious! She has what it takes. Haven't seen anyone else stop a room with her voice so quickly except Julia Harris. (Should check her out too @ www.juliamusic.com)
    Thats it for now suppose. Hope to see some new faces at the Sessions tomorrow night! Happy Christmas Shopping and all that..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 cirql8

What up with all the talent at the boom boom room. Saw Wallmark there last night, man one tune was so good when I went home and put new strings on my guitar.

Advertisement