Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multi Region DVD

Options
  • 10-12-2003 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭

Where in Ireland/The Web can I get my hands on Multi-region dvd players?
    How much €€€'s am I looking at for them?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

They're all over the place.. they're as cheap as $30 on amazon.com.. closer to home try richersounds.ie, power city, aldi etc. etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ambasite

Scott DVD multi region, €59 from Power City, got 1 last month, good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Watch out for shops selling region 2 and multiregion versions of the same DVD player (at a higher price). Often all you need to do is get a hack here http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdhacks to make a player multiregion.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

If you didn't want a really cheap crappy one and wanted one with a bit more quality built in try www.techtronics.com

I got a nice new Sony DVD modified to play RCE and all regions and a sweet QED scart. Service is good and insured delivery is only £30.

Of course if you just want to spend a few quid and don't really care about the quality the suggestions above would probably be grand.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Originally posted by digitaldr
    Watch out for shops selling region 2 and multiregion versions of the same DVD player (at a higher price). Often all you need to do is get a hack here http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdhacks to make a player multiregion.

AFAIK these mods will not allow you to play RCE disks. This could be a bit of an issue. RCE disks are becoming more common and a players inability to play them could restrict you buying choice.

MrP

• Advertisement
Advertisement