Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FPS Mouse Usage

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by bazH
    I use a ps2 joypad to play quake3, using the anologue controller sticks for added sexyness

You disgust me utterly.
    At least the lefties and inverties still use a mouse, albeit incorrectly, but what are you going to expect from such inferior races?
    You are a festering fungal pustule on the rosey-cheeked virginal face of gaming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Originally posted by SyxPak
    ... inverties ...

Classic:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭weemcd

i really cant see the point in inverted, its unatural. can someone give me the list of benefits??? it just seems like you are goin out of your way to be different. and left handed mouse??? why dont u just use your right hand, sure you right with the left but why go out of your way to be a leftie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

you tilt your head forwards to look down and backwards to look up... therefore inverted should feel more natural...

possibly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Haha, Tman hit is exactly on the head. I've generally used left hand inverted but recently been playing with it normal. I'll swap back again in a few months I think. But inverted certainly does feel much more natural after a little while for the reasons Tman expressed.

I'm surprised though as how few lefties there are. There should be roughly 10% but it's much lower.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by tman
    you tilt your head forwards to look down and backwards to look up... therefore inverted should feel more natural...

possibly

Yes, but most people think about looking down, and not tilting their head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭Mick L

Originally posted by Jazz
    I've played with y-axis inverted ever since the days of X-Wing... I played so much of that game that it was drilled into me, now I can't play FPSs any other way!
    Same thing happened to me, used it inverted ever since.
    Originally posted by weemcd
    i really cant see the point in inverted, its unatural. can someone give me the list of benefits??? it just seems like you are goin out of your way to be different.
    it's not unnatural at all, for me playing with the mouse not inverted feels un natural, it's just whatever way you're used to. As for a list of benefits, what works, works.

None of this applies to lefties though, they're just wrong......as in not right.

:D someone had to say it

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I play with the mouse - as you freaks would probably call it - "upside-down". I have the x axis transposed onto the Y axis and vice versa. I've inverted the Y axis and I don't use an x axis at all as that's what the foot pedals are for, naturally. You people are all freaks and perverts by the way and I despise each and every one of you for your unreasonable and unconventional preferences. I use a large Ryvita instead of a "normal" mouse mat for extra grip and the occassional light snack. Make sure to scrape the mould off every three weeks or it sticks to your mouseball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

always play right handed normal

i did try to change to inverted once but after a few hours of trying i got sick of it and went back to what i was use to. Not tried again since because frankly, if something aint broke then dont fix it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭JaneyMackers

ROFL.

Perhaps you should consider using the Ryvita with the rasins on them. AWP aim is awesome with those.

I find!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Naar

Anyone who uses a non-inverted mouse for an FPS is a Commie and should be shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by Naar
    Anyone who uses a non-inverted mouse for an FPS is a Commie and should be shot.

BACK TO SOVIET RUSSIA YOU INVERTED FREAK!

Advertisement