Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who will be relegated?

• 10-12-2003 4:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭

As a Leicester City fan I am admittidly shocked at the start we have had in our first season back in the premiership. I thought we might just beat relegation if we we're lucky but now it seems as though we could finish in the top half of the table. With that said looking at the table today there is no certain pattern below the top 3...
    I was just wondering who everyone thought would get relegated

I think: Wolves, Bolton and Leeds though thats just a guess

Jay Jay Okacha is a legend!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭DEG viper

wolves portsmouth and leicester i would think. i cant see leeds getting relegated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Wolves, Leicester and Everton (hopefully) ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

leeds wont be relegated liverpool maybe:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

before the season started i thought:

Leicster, Bolton, Middlesboro

Now: Leicster, Wolves, Leeds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

wolves, portsmouth and leicester

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

If Leicester stay up all you b@stards have to apologise to me for undermining our pure brillance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭DEG viper

Originally posted by Wompa1
    If Leicester stay up all you b@stards have to apologise to me for undermining our pure brillance

are u being sarcastic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

not a hope of everton going down... they have a good defense... cant score for sh1t at the moment though... that'll change soon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Busy Hands

I backed Leicester in the Spread Betting at the start of the season. I fancied them to stay up because I thought there would be 3 team worse than them (at least). Survival would mean that they would get 40 points minimum, add in the 48 points they were awarded in the spread and they'd be sitting pretty on 88. United off scratch would be lucky to get that. Good bet I thought.
    Looked dodgy for a while but now they are starting to get good result. Interestingly, and unlike Portsmouth & Wolves, nobody is giving them a battering and their goal difference is excellent and they have been unlucky in dropping points earlier in the season.
    Leeds will struggle but should still have just enough class to stay up. Wolves will go, Portsmouth will be there or thereabouts, as will Bolton. I wouldn't rule Villa out of the drop, but I can see Everton go on a good run and get themselves out of it along with Middlesbrough. Yeah, it'll be Wolves & 2 from Bolton, Portsmouth, Aston Villa & Leicester.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

I reckon Wolves, Leicester & Leeds unfortunatly..... always good games man u Vs leeds....

I got a feeling portsmouth have enough to keep em up & villa will go on a run soon enough i reckon, also leeds will probably end up selling again?

john

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Shocking ref today, but we're still in there! As for 40 points I have a feeling it will be lower than that this year, what with 3 teams virtually being unbeatable and if you take into account maybe that the 3 bottom teams could possibly lose to the top 4 teams...either Liverpool/Newcastle....It should be maybe about 36 or 38 pts

We won't go down!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Wolves will go, Portsmouth will be there or thereabouts, as will Bolton.

Is that the same Bolton that beat Chelsea FC at Stamford Bridge ?????:D :D

I dont think so, Bolton are not a bad team, I agree on Leiscter and Wolves though and maybe Villa.

Tinky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Busy Hands

Originally posted by tinky
    Is that the same Bolton that beat Chelsea FC at Stamford Bridge ?????:D :D

I dont think so, Bolton are not a bad team, I agree on Leiscter and Wolves though and maybe Villa.

Tinky

Yes the very same. Bolton are a strange side & have been since they got back into the premiership. Their record against Man Uts home & away compares favourably with most other teams, so beating Chelsea is not a fair indication of how they will do over the course of a season. They get in (very) good players on loans and short term deals and although they can perform excellently in one off games, they don't repeat it week in week out. They have avoided relegation on the last day or just before for the past 2 seasons and expect them to be in a similar position this time around. They can get themselves motivated for United, Chelsea & Arsenal but expect them to lose at home to Porstmouth, Leicester & Wolves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭L4

Wolves, Leicester, Liverpool.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Well leeds have finally started to prove to everyone that they are not a bad team.They just needed a decent manager to motivate the players and get people like viduka playing like thay can. The last 3 games goes to shoe that leeds will not get relegated.

I think the 3 newly promoted teams will go down.
    Leicester
    Wolves
    Portsmouth

originally posted by L4
    Wolves, Leicester, Liverpool
    Hang on a second...Leicester !? Nah.

Question: How many of Liverpool's last 42 Premiership matches have they won ?

A. 27
    B. 15
    C. 22

[edit]Answer = B[/edit]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

The last 3 games goes to shoe that leeds will not get relegated.

Their performances on the pitch may have little to do with it if they go into receivership and get 10 points deducted. I believe Prof Mc kenzie is about to/has stepped down as chairman as he in involved in a chinese consortium who are going to make a bid for the club. If that happens and it is accepted I would fancy leeds to stay up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

i thought u only lost points in the nationwide divions for going into receivership?
    Has someone changed the rules or did someone just mis interpret them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

i thought u only lost points in the nationwide divions for going into receivership?
    Has someone changed the rules or did someone just mis interpret them?

EM That someone would be moi. My bad it appears that BKDZR is correct in saying the rule only applies to Div 1 and Lower . Apologies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Leicester City
    Wolves
    Portsmouth

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Nike_Dude

I agree with Sposs, cant see wolves portsmouth or leicester staying up. They all have great team spirt, but I dont think that will be enough. They didnt invest enough during the pre-season, it's a shame because I like all three managers:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

It despreses me but Wolves will along with Leicester and a.n. other.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭watman

Aston Villa
    Portsmouth
    Wolverhampton Wanderers

Leeds to survive on the last day !
    Liverpool to finish 8th and Houllier Sacked

Liverpool to finish 8th and Houllier Sacked
    I think they're still gonna get that 4th spot. They're only 3 pts off it (which is ridiculous considering how rubbish they've been all season). Can ye imagine if they did finish 8th and decided to extend Houllier's contract :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

If Liverpool get that lucrative fourth position. I’m afraid that its going to be a catch22 situation, as I honestly cant see Houllier budging as manager, and he'll be given even more cash to squander. As much as it hurts me to say this, I'd rather see Newcastle get the fourth spot which should ultimately lead to the end of le boss’s reign. His inconsistency is not going to bring the glory days back to Anfield.

The premiership wouldn't feel right without Leeds, Everton or Aston villa. So I hope they all avoid the drop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by Caesar_Bojangle
    If Liverpool get that lucrative fourth position. I’m afraid that its going to be a catch22 situation, as I honestly cant see Houllier budging as manager, and he'll be given even more cash to squander. As much as it hurts me to say this, I'd rather see Newcastle get the fourth spot which should ultimately lead to the end of le boss’s reign. His inconsistency is not going to bring the glory days back to Anfield.
    Well if Liverpool fail to get a champions league spot again you will lose more than the manager. Michael Owen and Steven Gerrard would want to go aswell as one or two of Houlliers lads, not to mention the loss in revenue.

On the other hand, if they do qualify they will have a lot more money to spend and a very healthy squad. Houllier does make some silly signings but Liverpool have a very good team and only need one or two players to get them back on track to European glory. As Houllier said himself, Alex Ferguson didn't win anything with United for six or seven years and look where they are now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

Liverpool, liverpool and Liverpool !!
    Hopefully

21/25

Advertisement