Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cd Wow

Options
  • 10-12-2003 4:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭

Any chance of ending your partnership with CD WOW , seeing as they allegedly support some illegal working conditions way out east and also do not support many Irish independat artists>??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Richie

I love CD WOW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 MoStCool

CD WOW are not an Irish company, they supply cd's LEGALLY bought in Hong Kong from Record companies and sell them cheaper then high street stores. I see little reason why they should be expected to support Irish Acts over other nationalities. Whether IRMA's Action to close them down stands or not only time will tell but they are claiming that what they do is legal, and as far as I am aware are refuting that the cd's come from a different source then those sold in HMV, Virgin etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Do not support many Irish artists?

I don't support many Irish artists, do CD-WOW have to stock every Irish artist who put an album together just to keep you guys happy?
    I just bought The Thrills album from CD-WOW.
    Do the band get any money for that? Of course they do.
    HMV, on the other hand, do not and therin lies your problem.

'Allegedly' support illegal working conditions?
    Ever bought a pair of Jeans? Or runners?

This is just a stupid ploy to frighten people off buying from CD-WOW.
    If you want people to buy from Irish retailers, stop bloody ripping us off.
    And HMV are hardly a star employer btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭tiggertigger

well put Kananga
    if I thought for a second that by buying through HMV/Virgin etc
    I would be helping out some workers and their families - I would buy through them.
    However, it seems no matter how much you pay for a CD/runner/car/bow-tie
    the worker is still going to get the same sub-87cents per day that is required
    for subsistence way out there.
    in the words of zig (or was it zag?) "It'd make you want to say fu€k"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Punchbowl - You have made certain allegations about CD Wow that lack substance - at least you are failing to back them up with facts.

What are you claiming are the illegal working conditions? CD Wow provide product that is manufactured by the major record labels.

CD Wow are an international concern so don't specifically service individual markets such as Ireland. Ideally, we would like to have an affiliation with an online retailer that can provide both the best sellers and independent releases. So far we have been unable to source a suitable retailer. CD Wow have made some effort to promote unsgned artists themselves - www.cdwow.com/unsigned

We are aware that CD Wow is currently the subject of attention by a number of organisations including IRMA. We are monitoring the situation but have no plans to remove the CD Wow link on phantomfm.com

www.cdwow.com/unsigned

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 My Name IsJonas

I got a package from CDwow the other day and it was posted from Sweden.

So whatever Hong Kong argument IRMA had must be gone out the window.

Advertisement