Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ANGRY!

Options
  • 10-12-2003 8:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭

It's been mentioned on the Games forum but for those interested who ain't been there.... THEY CLOSED BLACK ISLE STUDIOS!

I'm gonna stop now before i fall into a simple string of swearing anger venting insults of Interplay.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Ya this got to me too. Guess the market for good RPG's just aint big enough, more ppl prefer no brainer FPS's. Bollix really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I finally got arround to installing Temple of elemental Evil
    ( more like tempermental evil) and was look for the black Isle logo as it installed no sign of it :(

but they did try and implent the raidail multiparty memeber click menus that was used in Planes scape but they just didnt get it right, infact that could be said of the whole game.

Come back Black Isle please,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Specky

Wa?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Originally posted by Thaed
    I finally got arround to installing Temple of elemental Evil
    ( more like tempermental evil) and was look for the black Isle logo as it installed no sign of it :(

That would be because Troika Games made it...

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

noooooooooooooo nwn and the bg games were SO good :/

• Advertisement

Correct me if im wrong but i dont think black isle had much to do with NWN's?

Been awhile since i played it (must remedy that, only noticed hordes of the underdark was out on friday) so i cant remember if the logo is in startup

but they did try and implent the raidail multiparty memeber click menus that was used in Planes scape but they just didnt get it right, infact that could be said of the whole game.

Its not really a bad game Thead, just not as good as BG. It did give a more PnP feel i think, what with turn based etc(Think this was possible in BG but i never used it). Story line isnt bad though somewhat vague and leaving you wondering what your doing :). But all in all its worth a few hours

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Why i ask you??? why why why why why why why!!!

actually what squall says rings true! if you look at the games that are being released recently there hasnt been a decent RPG of late (with the exception of NWN)
    all the games being released are all FPS!!

Now dont get me wrong i like FPS games too but come on where are all the good RPG's gone!!!

Bioware are still going strong though, hopefully anyway.

KOTOR was amazing and Jade Empires is looking pretty sweet. Well just have to wait and see i guess.

More games along the lines of Deus Ex,(WOOT!! 2's out soon), would be nice. Kind of a mix of FPS and RPG ,althogh a bit more RP would be prefered.

not to mention more importantly HALF LIFE 2!!!!!!

Yea Bioware is going strong and they just after released the new NWN's expansion hordes of u... (cough) deely

i cant spell it but you know the one im on about, i havent actually herd of those RPG games squall but i'll go googling for em now see if there any good.

• Advertisement

Hordes of the Underdark, not too bad.

Undrentide was the weird one i was calling it undertide for ages till i actually paid attention to what was written ont eh box

KOTOR = Knights of the Old Republic, seem to remember having a 5am boards conversation about that with ya awhile back :)

Jade Empire is Biowares latest and looks spretty nice only time will tell though

yea thats it Hordes of the Underdark thats the one!

indeed just looking at Jade Empire on bioware's webiste does like like a gem doesnt it. will be looking forward to the relase of it will be keeping the eyes peeled

and there's nothing like chatting at 4 in the morning about games (espically when your supposed to be working ;) )

Yup, ive done that many a night

Oh look its 2am hmmmm ive got an english essay to write :(

Advertisement