Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

code 10-

Options
  • 10-12-2003 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

I need help! please. I'm getting code10 message on my PC in connection with my graphics card any ideas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

How about giving more info, were you upgrading the card drivers, is the card new?, where exactly do these errors appear and when do they happen?, what kinda card?, have you tried booting in safe mode (press f8 on boot up), can you still get a desktop up?.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭f1refox

It is an old fujitsu pc that I have I was upgrading it for my kids it's a gforce4 440 g/c . The pc has a P11350 MHZ chip 256 Ram. My thinking is that the there is a problem with the agp slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

How about uninstalling the drivers you have on this PC and reinstalling the old ones?, where did you get the new drivers - from Nvidia?, cause that may cause a prob certain OEMs include brand name cards but dont actually support all of the features that you may have in a boxed card from a shop (it's cheaper that way they can use the brand name and cut down on the h/w costs) so try getting the drivers from fujitsus web site. Either way the next step you should take is unistall the new drivers and see if Windows still has the older ones on the HD.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Originally posted by f1refox
    It is an old fujitsu pc that I have I was upgrading it for my kids it's a gforce4 440 g/c . The pc has a P11350 MHZ chip 256 Ram. My thinking is that the there is a problem with the agp slot.

11.3GHz - that's well overclocked :D

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Does your system actually boot? How far are you getting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭f1refox

yes it boots up fine using win 2000.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Probably a driver issue then. Try to boot into safe mode, get into your device manager and uninstall the offending driver....

Advertisement