Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lyon-v-Celtic (scores)

• 10-12-2003 9:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭

Half time 1-1 Lyon scored through Elber and Larsson equailised

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

ah that 1st goal and the 2nd were a disgrace, what was hedman at for the 2nd, really poor goalkeeping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

YES 2-2 Sutton with the goal.Sila made it by putting defence under pressure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Serbian

Fortunate deflection to allow Sutton in there, but it was a great finish by Sutton in fairness. Overall Celtic don't deserve anything from the game. Lyon are by far the better team. Still 10 minutes to go anyway, lots can still happen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Serbian

That should be that.

Fair result in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

Penalty for Lyon in 85th minute.
    3-2 Lyon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

:(

bring on liverpool in the uefa cup..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO Its not far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I was rostered to finish work at 7.30 tonight but the boss kept us all in til 9.15. I was in such a bad mood after that and I rushed home to see the last few minutes only to see it was 2-2 and Lyon had a peno. Couldn't be happier.:( :(:(

Originally posted by eirebhoy
    Couldn't be happier.:( :(:(

What dya mean couldnt be happier and then have sad smilies

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭SCULLY

Celtic can have absolutely no complaints about not qualifying for the knockout stages. 7 points from a possible 18 (not a single away point) simpley isn't good enough at this level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Well as a neutral watching that match the better team won. Lyon looked far more dangerous than Celtic.

I feel really sorry for them thou its a rotten way to go out of the compo !!! At least your in the UEFA cup poor old Rangers have to wait until next year for their next humiliation in Europe.

And at least Arsenal won their group :)

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Saw much of the second half plus the goals - bad luck for Celtic (it was'nt a penalty but looked like one from the refs position) but what about Heddman? I can't belive he's still between the sticks given his error-rate in a big game.

Mike.

Originally posted by kmart6
    What dya mean couldnt be happier and then have sad smilies
    I was obviously being sarcastic saying "couldn't be happier".
    Celtic can have absolutely no complaints about not qualifying for the knockout stages. 7 points from a possible 18 (not a single away point) simpley isn't good enough at this level.
    That is why Celtic got to the final of the UEFA cuo and the reason I think they could get to the final of the Champions league if they get out of the group, they are only good over the two legs.

results:
    Celtic 2-0 Lyon
    Lyon 3-2 Celtic
    Overall, Celtic 4-3 Lyon

Celtic 3-0 Anderlecht
    Anderlecht 1-0 Celtic
    Overall, Celtic 3-1 Anderlecht

Celtic 0-0 Bayern
    Bayern 2-1 Celtic
    Overall, Bayern 2-1 Celtic

Therefore if that was over two legs Celtic would have beaten Lyon and Aderlecht and definitely deserved to beat Bayern.

There just **** in the groups.

Originally posted by kmart6
    Half time 1-1 Lyon scored through Elber and Larsson equailised
    Wasn't it Hartson that equilized? *didn't see the match*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Armen Tanzerian

You're having a laugh. :D:D:D

Originally posted by Armen Tanzerian
    :confused::confused::confused:

what the hell are you talking about Armen. You may not have a lot of respect for the Scottish league but at least try and gain a little respect on boards before trolling or you will be band soon enough. You are destroying this thread with your stupid coments.

Did you watch United vs Rangers at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Armen Tanzerian post something more relevant or I will kick your trolling behind out of here !!

Gandalf.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Better team won.

Was hoping Govou would get on the scoresheet but alas it wasn't to be. Entertaining game tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭SCULLY

That is why Celtic got to the final of the UEFA cuo and the reason I think they could get to the final of the Champions league if they get out of the group, they are only good over the two legs.

results:
    Celtic 2-0 Lyon
    Lyon 3-2 Celtic
    Overall, Celtic 4-3 Lyon

Celtic 3-0 Anderlecht
    Anderlecht 1-0 Celtic

Celtic 0-0 Bayern
    Bayern 2-1 Celtic

Therefore if that was over two legs Celtic would have beaten Lyon and Aderlecht and definitely deserved to beat Bayern.

There just **** in the groups.

When I said this level I was talking about Champions League , not Uefa Cup.
    It over simplifies it to take each home and away match in a group competition and say what would happen if it was over 2 legs (as above). Teams play differently in the groups then they do in a knockout stage. eg if you are 1-0 down in an away game of a knockout competition, you might settle for that and hope to win by more at home. In the group stages, you are less likely to settle and press on for an equaliser.

Celtic of course could win the Champions league if they got into the knockout stage,(so could any of the last 16) but I think that it is highly unlikely that they would do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Tray

Desperately unlucky IMO, I was gutted for big Bobbo. Granted Lyon looked more dangerous but they were at home and didnt look half as good as Celtic at home. Errors from Hedman here and in Munich have proved very costly..:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭xlex

Bobbo is a ordinary defender at best, best of a bad bunch really, all braw no brain or feet. The back three with wing backs is exposed time after time. The penalty was harsh but the deflection of the arm (leading arm my ass) could have mattered and thus he was penalised. Celtic were very lucky to be in with a shout of anything at thatr stage and really you have to say that on reflection the penalty just reflected a deserved result...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭rocco

It was a definate peno he was jumping with his arm in the air and it clearly struck the ball . He wasnt even near heading it, Celtic got what they deserved the defence was a joke at times. Gray was roasted by Govu everytime he had the ball . Balde is a very average defender he would be more suited to the nationwide league maybe division 1 at best ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Busy Hands

results:
    Celtic 2-0 Lyon
    Lyon 3-2 Celtic
    Overall, Celtic 4-3 Lyon

Celtic 3-0 Anderlecht
    Anderlecht 1-0 Celtic

Celtic 0-0 Bayern
    Bayern 2-1 Celtic

There just **** in the groups. [/B]

This is the greatest load of nonsense I've read on any board all year. Firstly The Champions LEAGUE is the name of the competition, so highlighting what the home & away aggregate results at this stage would be is completely irrelevant. A different mindset would be in place anyway. Why not crown the winners of the FA Cup as Premiership champions while we are at it?
    Secondly the standard of the poor relation UEFA cup competition is signifcantly lesser than that of The Champion's League, so suggesting that because Celtic got to the final of the UEFA Cup last year they could get to the final of The Champion's League this year is remarkably naive. Liverpool won the damn thing a couple of year's ago and aren't even good enough to qualify for the Champion's League now.
    I'm sorry to say that had Celtic qualified for the last 16 they would have been seriously found out against quality opposition. Without doubt the atmosphere at Celtic Park makes it a very difficult place for teams to come to and get a result, however their many limitations are regularly exposed away from home.

Originally posted by xlex
    Bobbo is a ordinary defender at best, best of a bad bunch really, all braw no brain or feet.
    Balde is a very average defender he would be more suited to the nationwide league maybe division 1 at best ..
    IMO Balde is the best defender in Britain and I will always stick to that. He made one mistake and everyone now thinks he's crap, how many has Campbell or Rio made???

He is defenitely one of the best headers in the world, he wins everything. He is still very young for a defender and I think he could be the best defender in the world given time. He has no brain or feet? Give me a break, he is an excellent decision maker and is also suprisingly fast and he is better with the ball at his feet than most defenders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭rocco

Give me a break he is no where near the best defender in Britain that is just a stupid statement

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭lili

me think the better team won.
    lyon played very well and was the most dangerous. best attack. juninho is a world class player.

Originally posted by rocco
    Give me a break he iws no where near the best defender in Britain that is just a stupid statement
    Please tell me the many players who you think are better and the reasons why.

Originally posted by lili
    juninho is a world class player.
    He was so great at getting his players riled up. He is one of the most determined players I have ever seen and if every player was like him mentaly, their would be no stopping Lyon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭lili

he plays evertime like that for lyon:)
    he is the best freekicker at the moment.
    sure he is determent, but i can assure to you that the players around him are classy to.
    i'm not far to think we have the best midfielders after real madrid.

Wasn't it Hartson that equilized? *didn't see the match*

Sorry typed wrong name and sorry bout the ''couldnt be happier'' thing

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Devious

Please tell me the many players who you think are better and the reasons why.

Gary Breen is undoubtedly the best defender in Britain. Fact.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

a great week for football

both Celtic and Rangers out of the C/L

only pity is that Celtic didn't finish 4th in their group

AHH now it would have been good to see two Scotish clubs in the knockout stages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 utopio

hah elber shot one of the goals !!
    But it is a pity, the scots are normally the best fans, sadly that no team of them reached the next round.

Advertisement