Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modems

Options
  • 26-12-1999 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭

What's the cheapest place to buy modems in Dublin and what are the best makes?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Cr^sH

Peats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Or PCWORLD in Blanchardstown are pretty good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Cr^sH

Not at all..Santa there prices are ****e..i'm in there everyday nearly cos i live 2 sec away and not one day have i seen a good DEAL stay away from Pcworld!

Merry Christmas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭H_K

i remember seeing gateway modems for 40 quid, and they gave like 120 pings
    im not sure tho

pat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

pcworld haha what a joke, ask them for 32megs of ram and its 130 quid or somthing ****ewd up like that

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    Ps 0wns U

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭madyoke

ye wah the bestest place loike to buy em is deffo man in the buy and sell loike man!

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

Where abouts is Peats, I don't live in Dublin but it's only a 35-40 min drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

well peats is on parnell road or is that the name of it ???? em not to sure but its right behind the ilac center just go out the back door thats the one with burger king and macs then take a left and its about 500-700 meters down the road o ye once u get outside the ilac center cross the road . its easy to find and almost everyone knows it if you get lost and cant find it just ask anyone in a pc shop r in a games shop they all know .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Yes and unlike PcWorld Peats actually know the difference between a cup-holder and a cd-rom.

Cheapest cd-rs in a dublin shop also.

(I do not work for any of the above, more's the pity wink.gif )

[Insert cool quote here]
    Play GLminesweeper!
    http://www.iol.ie/~adamj/dl/mineswp.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 paw

Peats arent bad, but they honestly couldnt give a **** about anything up there in accessories. Half the time they're wandering around like headless chickens (no offence to anyone who works there smile.gif.

Minidiscs are cheap there too: 1.50 each. I've seen ones for a quid in RIcher Sounds, but they look well dodgy.

paw

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Fergal

IT direct are all right you should be able to modem for under £45,Buy and sell are great though,I just got an extra 64mb of Ram
    for £50

Advertisement