Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

25 Albums that should not have been recorded

• 10-12-2003 11:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭

Click here.

Anyone want to make some additions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Whoa there - Aerosmiths' Done With Mirrors??? Its not there best but its not thier worst either with a good
    dirty atmosphere and some fine tunes...actually thats a very dull witted list tonnes of music far worst than anything on that list...Shakin' Stevens Greatest Hits for instance!

edit- just spotted following
    This is a list reserved for the "gods" of music, not Top 40 pop-whores.

Shame....:(

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Oh dear, that list looks remarkably like my CD collection.... er.... i'll be off now then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

id agree with the majority of them apart from Pros & Cons of Hitchhiking, which is a stunningly great album and in my top 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

I'd have to agree with "In the life of Chris Gaines" by Garth Brooks. It was released at the end of '99, and I'd just got myself a job in the local record store. In truth, it probably wasn't that bad an album, but I hated Garth Brooks, and I wasn't used to listening to any other kind of music than what I would play at home. It nearly drove me crazy. Believe it or not, I know EVERY WORD of that album - if it came on now, I could sing it from beginning to end. That's what working in the music industry has done to me. *shakes head*

Unfortunately for Garth, he also alienated his fan base, by not putting his face on the cover, and by moving away from Country, and more towards soft-rock. Needless to say, we weren't trampled in the rush for this one:
    Number of copies in stock pre-christmas: 500.
    Number of copies actually sold in the holiday period: 2.

I believe you can still find it in the sale stand at CD World, Carroll Villiage, Dundalk for about €3. The copies that haven't been burned, that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Moby - 18 : that there is one of my all time favourite albums
    Oasis - Be Here Now : although not brilliant it is worth a listen on my cd player, i can think of a whole lot more, Standing On The Shoulders Of Giants is clearly Oasis's worst offering IMO

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

(Dis)honorable Mention: St. Anger
    Metallica (2003)

I didn't use any clip art of the new album because I'm in fear of being sued by the band. In fact, I'm crapping myself for even mentioning their name. But this album is so friggin' terrible that it has to be said.

You see, kids, back in a mythical land known as the 80's, Metallica was actually a "band" before they became the "Corporate Lawyer Bitches." And to think back to how cool they were, to how goddamn magnificent their albums were. . . That's why this album makes me hang my head. This album sounds like "new" Metallica trying to sound like "old" Metallica. Don't let Entertainment Weekly or any of the dip****s at Rolling Stone fool ya, my babies. This is NOT a good album. What this is, is a document, an audio recording of a bunch of ex-alcoholics staring down the barrel of their mid-forties wondering where in the hell their coolness went. Ever since 1995, the 'Tallica boys have stated over and over again that they never forgot their headbanging roots, but with this offering, they claimed to have "returned" to their headbanging roots.

Sorry, fellas. Can't return to something you claimed not to get away from in the first place. From my point of view, this album should be handed to every band who has just received their record contract as evidence of what not to turn into in your later years. Sorry to say it, folks, but it looks like Cliff Burton turned out to be the luckiest one of the bunch.

pity mikey didnt put it in the list though:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭eggshapedfred

i thought Vitalogy was pretty good. still do in fact (though "foxymophandlemama, thats me" will always suck)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Quatre Mains

- as far as Pearl Jam go (one of my fav bands BTW), I would have gone for Binaural 1st, as Vitalogy has more good tracks. I don;t like the album Stormbringer either but I love the title track! Additions;

1. Manics - anything after Everything Must Go

2. The last Happy Mondays album

3. George Michael - Older

4. U2- Pop

5. REM - New Adventures in Hi-Fi

6. Black Sabbath - Reunion. In fact, all live albums EVER

7. Depeche Mode - Exciter (it was quite the opposite)

8. Warrior Soul - Classics (i doubt anyone else knows this one, but it was the biggest disappointment I ever had as they were my fav band for years)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally posted by brocklanders
    -6. Black Sabbath - Reunion. In fact, all live albums EVER

That would mean no Made in Japan, On Your Feet or On Your Knees, not to mention Frampton Comes Alive...!" :D

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭Littletinyman

New Adventures in Hi-Fi

That and Reveal are Stipe's favourite REM albums :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

woah, got a fright there for a second with number one..............

Advertisement