Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why does Quake 3 Sucks on the Net ?

Options
  • 04-01-2000 1:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or does Q3 suck every time you get in to a fight in the games on the net and it's not my computer PIII 500 128ram and TNT2 Ultra and with the config from the board i am getting max FPS 60 all the time with all the nice stuff turned down so what is up

Is it my setup ?

Is it just Q3 ?

or is it the server ?

if it's Q3 with **** network code then i am bring it back to the shop to get my money back

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

is it the fps or the connect that your complaining about?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

It doesnt suck on the net. Its just its Stuuupid defaults. You have to configure it to suit your connect, which for a game which is supposed to cater for newbies is really sh1tty cos there is no way a newbie would figure out commands such as com_maxpackets, etc.

Coyote, Im gonna post up my config later today, and maybe that might help people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Yea, the deault config is pants, I have tweake mine to bits, without turning al the nice bits off and I get 90-100 fps on a P3 500 with 128 ram and TNT2u.

I'll post the relevant parts of my config on the boards later when I get home, spread the wealth..

<pimp>No even better I will post it in my column in my new website... www.q3system.com </pimp>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

Or it maybe because you have being playing too much Age of Empires II. smile.gif.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

it runs v nice on a modem, imo

• Advertisement
Advertisement