Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off the drink

• 11-12-2003 12:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

This morning's hour-long 9 mile commute on the bus means I'll be taking it very easy on the drink from now on. Must be able to use the bike to get to work. Should have taken the pushbike to help purge the system.

Out my way in from Lucan, took 30-35 minutes to travel 1.5 miles. That's a disgrace. If there was a tribunal looking into Operation Freeflow, the case would be thrown out on day one due to lack of evidence that it ever existed. This is day 11 of a 35 day. Try to make it look like you're making an effort lads. Purleeze.

Suggestion: switch off all the traffic lights and let anarchy reign (oxymoron?). Couldn't be any worse.

It also dawned on me this morning that I now understand why traffic is worse in winter time than summer. Nothing to do with schools or people on holidays. No it's to do with circuses. Circuses are off the road during the winter, which means the clowns go to work for the corpo in the traffic management division (and I use the term loosely).

I sent this to the clowns at Freeflow
    Would be interested to see the objectives of Operation Freeflow listed on the site. No evidence of any improvement in traffic flow in effect on day 11 of a 30-plus day plan.
    Switch off the traffic lights and let anarchy rule (sic). It couldn't be any worse than the inept system that's in force at the moment.

Try it yourself if you're p!$$ed off with the cr@p.

I have read somewhere a hypothesis that if enough monkeys were given typewriters they would eventually write the works of Shakespeare. Well it looks like the corpo have adopted draft 0.1 of the monkeys' traffic plan.

It's getting so bad now in Dublin I'll have to either hibernate or emigrate. A month on a sunny beach near the Med, or the French Riviera. Ummm sunshine; no traffic to worry about coz I'd be on holidays. Nice :cool:

But seriously, it's getting to the stage where I couldn't be bothered travelling to Dublin City centre by car or public transport.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭West Briton

For the first time ever AFAIK traffic was backed up on the motorway, around a kilometre after I joined it at Celbridge West at 9.05 am.

Fecking nightmare.

Advertisement