Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paypal integration query

Options
  • 11-12-2003 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Have built a basic shopping cart system for a client and after much to-ing and fro-ing (they've been trying to get a merchant account set up for months) they have decided to use PayPal to handle their transactions instead.

Have had a quick look through the documentation and it looks like you have to use their shopping cart facilities (not the ones I've spent so long putting together myself). Is this right? Or am I missing something.

All I want to do is gather all the information first (items, amounts, options, shipping, etc.) then direct them to PayPal to pay for it all in one go.

All input greatly appreciated. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

If it's an irish business and they have no UK or US bank account they will have no way of withdrawing money from their paypal account.

I've never integrated paypal with a shopping cart, so I have no experience. Take another look through the documentation though, paypal have quite a lot of nice integration features.

I don't personally think paypal sucks but you should also look at www.paypalsucks.com so you know what some of the potential pitfalls could be.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Originally posted by nahdoic
    If it's an irish business and they have no UK or US bank account they will have no way of withdrawing money from their paypal account.
    Unfortunately PayPal's documentation does not make this as clear as it should, which is why we see SO many queries related to paypal here and elsewhere :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭remoteboy

:eek:

that i did not know. time for a phone call to the client and a swift change of plan methinks.

Advertisement