Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Digital Camera

Options
  • 11-12-2003 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

Looking to get one as a present for someone, in the region of 350 notes, there are a million of the bloody things, was wondering what one someone would recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭BrianD3

I'd recommend Olympus. Have had good experience with their digi cams. have a look on komplett.ie and check out the Olympus C-350, C-450 and mju 300. These are around 280-350 euros. But they only come with 16 MB storage cards which you'll need to upgrade straightaway to at least 128 MB. The C-350 plus a 128 MB card should be within your budget. For that you'll get a pretty decent camera with 3+ megapixels, optical zoom and plenty of storage for images.

BrianD3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

zero,

i would clas myself as the worlds worst photographer, just slightly ahead of my dog in skill.

i have a fuji and it way cool.

i would give you a small piece of advice tho.

the type of memory card you should think about. i am no expertt on them but i have the super flat one (looks like a small smart card....jeeze maybe smartmedia, cant remember tho). now as of the last time i looked they max size they did was 128mb. some of the other media cards are up to 1GB and 512 MB. now what i found is with a digi you start to photograph everything and if you are disorganised like i am you tend to fill up with crap. obviously more is better coupled with a lot of the cameras will also take small video sequences. these eat memory and thats when 512mb comes into its own.

now they are expensive the more you get...but just check whate media the camera you choose takes and what the max size id memory. i love the one i have but it looks lkie 128 is the max it can support.

hope this helps

Advertisement