Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin 3 girl punk band from about 3 years ago?

• 11-12-2003 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone remember them?

They were in the media a lot - 3 secondary school girls who started a punk band. They released a single which was not too bad, afair.

Where are they now?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

the chicks i think and by god were they terrible :) i think they are still knocking around under a different name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Oh, yeah, that's it!

I can't believe they're still around! Must be embarassing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

"Chix" no less. Is that already retro? that was only about 5/6 years ago?

I remember going to Eamonn Doran's to see an extra special mystery band (rumoured to be Fun Lovin Criminals, who are ****e anyway and always over here bothering us Dubliners with their NYC schtick...). And surprise, surprise, the band was Chix. And their piece de resistance was a cover of the theme tune to that awful MTV programme "Daria". And they all went to Loreto on the Green. Same as what's her face that other singer...

Is that already retro?

Not really but this semmed like the best place to get an answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Heh... a mate I had in secondary was the singers cousin. Hehe...

• Advertisement

a mate I had in secondary was the singers cousin.

WooOOOoooow. Touched by fame!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Nice Signature there simu. Rudolph the red nosed reindeer in latin if I'm not mistaken...

Caesar adsum iam forte, brutus et erat, caesar sic in omnibus, brutus sic in hat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

I think that band were on the Late Late Show.
    "Daria" - I think was the tune.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 464 ✭✭pugwall

It was reported at the time that thet were signed to Warner and made a decent amount of $$££.

Whats the bets they were massive in \Japan, Everyone is massive in Japan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

This all reminds me of Shampoo.

I miss Shampoo. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Originally posted by pugwall
    It was reported at the time that thet were signed to Warner and made a decent amount of $$££.

Whats the bets they were massive in \Japan, Everyone is massive in Japan

yeah - what's so special about Japan
    ?

why not China or Hong Kong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Chicks

I have both the 7" singles that were released back in 1998

"Criminales Coches Pistolas Y Chicas"
    (tracks were Let Me Go / Jewels / This Is Gonna Be... / A-Ok) - pressed on yellow vinyl

and

"Little Monkeys With Lots Of Money"
    (tracks were Daria / Jackie Chan / Feminist / Rocca Rokka) - pressed on blue vinyl)

They played a promotional gig in Virgin to coincide with first single back in May 1998

They were nothing special

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭mydarkstar

The singer from Chix (Annie) is in a band called Empire at the mo...... or so the story goes.

Damn, Chix were just bloody awful!!!:D
    I'd the displeasure to see them support the Manics in the Cork Opera House once, ugh, bad bad night:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭bishop brennan

Yes! i remember them on The Late Late a couple of years ago ,Gay Byrne was still
    hosting it.

They "sang" a song which was just daria repeated over & over.
    The look on Gays face when they finished was priceless!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭teck-x5

nah they aint a band anymore ones off in spain in college other two are in college here in ireland i think.

they where signed by dreamworks went to the US recorded an album, but just before it got released the manger from dreamworks got fired or left or something, so the contract fell through the chicks claimed money. then their old record company supremo said they would release the album for them. dont know what happened after that,so they all ended up in college.

p.s they where good :P

Advertisement