Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Programs to Convert MP3 Tag Names

• 11-12-2003 7:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hiya,

I have been transfering my Cd collection to Mp3s so that I can listen to them whilst I am on the pc. Are there any programs out there that will edit file names for me automaticly?

I have got about 2000 mp3 files now and DO NOT want to have to go through them 1 by 1 :rolleyes:

They are all copied over as the respective albums,

Regards
    leachus

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

ok

you want what file names to be copied to mp3 tags?

or mp3 files to be ranemed according to the tags?

if you ripped the cds with track1, track2, track3.... option and the tags have the same names, then you are in a trouble, you'll have to re-rip the cds with an option the copy the names

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

What exactly do you want?, do you want to change the name of the mp3 in your folder or the actual ID3 info for the mp3s?. How do you want to change the names?, from lets say capitals to small letters or what? if it's like Cyber says then good luck, you will afto re-rip your collection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭qBot

u could try tag&rename at www.softpointer.com. it does everything like create id3 tags based on filenames/foldernames etc. but it also gives u the option of getting down track/album information from www.allmusic.com and www.freedb.org and applying the info to a set of files. It's a life saver for me. u can even take down the cover art to an album and have it renamed to folder.jpg so as it will show up as the folder icon in explorer if your using windows xp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

we should make a sticky topic with recommendations for software for every job like

mpeg2 editing - TMPGnc
    mp3 tagging - Tag&Rename
    mp3 player - winamp, STD....

Advertisement