Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cheap but Good alloys - where?

Options
  • 11-12-2003 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

I looking to buy a new (cheap) or good quality used set of alloys for me Merc so does anyone have any knowledge of where I can buy same? Pref not in Donegal!

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

I've always found that East Coast alloys in Ardee, Co Louth do some great deals on good wheels... Give them a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭IrishPug106GTi

You should give Auto Extras in Newry a bell. They are by far the cheapest and are well worth the journey, especially if you or someone you know is registered for VAT. Their number is 048 3025 1351. I buy my tyres from them and have priced alloys a few times for mates. They take Euros as well.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Originally posted by mike65
    I looking to buy a new (cheap) or good quality used set of alloys for me Merc so does anyone have any knowledge of where I can buy same? Pref not in Donegal!

Mike.

What's wrong with Donegal? :eek: Tis a grand county :rolleyes: :p

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭padraigmyers

Try Daltons in Chair, Co Tipp. I've always found them to be about the best in Munster for price and service. My brother was buying 2nd hand alloys there (all in v good condition) and becase he had bought there before the guy let him put them under the car and drive with them for a few days before he decided to buy them. They usually have about 100 to 150 different new alloys on display, and usually a few 2nd hand one. If you let him know what you are looking for he will look out for them in 2nd hand if you want.

The phone number for them is 052-42089.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

ahh mike, cheap/alloys/merc dont belong in the same sentence!

Save up your money and look into a set from america from this company called 'budnik'

They design the wheels to fit the car and you can pick up a set of their aloys for about 400 dollars!

I dont really thnk there are a set of budniks in ireland yet, my dads gonna break the trend in the new year tho ;o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Thanks for the suggestions and sorry Byte!

I drive through Cahir every Thursday so I'll have to check them out.

red_ice I'm looking at www.budnik.com and nice wheels at exellent prices (I'm only after standard 15 x 7 rims) I wonder how much they'll sting me for delivery not to mention the customs here...ah they have a UK dealer but er...they dont do Budnik wheels yet!

Mike.

DiamondBar.jpgShadowRS.jpg

336 dollars a 4 rim set! Thats 273 €uro :eek:

Mike.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

God, that's not bad! I wonder how things would work regarding delivery and customs?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Yea, they are sexy wheels alright! BudNiks are very creative and you dont see anyof them in ireland. They are going into the spinner range soon afaik too.

As one or two of you know i spent out a fair penny on my 18''s... which i now wanna sell for a set of budniks :/

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭padraigmyers

Just to let you know exactly where Daltons are, they are on the Clonmel Road out of Chair on the right-hand side just before the Garda Station. In the forecort of a petrol station. Make sure its John Dalton himself that you get talking to, he know his stuff.

• Advertisement

Thanks padraigmyers, I know the place...

Mike.

Advertisement