Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupid Dell Laptop

• 11-12-2003 8:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭

I have a pretty new Dell laptop at work, a latitude C640, it was bought new from dell 2 months ago ... I never used the usb port before today and I just found out its usb1.1 only FFS .... tossers, what the hell are they at selling 'new' hardware with only legacy support on their usb ports....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

eh because i can do nothing bout that i'll just sympathise with you.

[rant] dell bloody eejits stupid crap computers [/rant]

seriously though isn't the latitude range the very small, light thin ones? perhaps they just went for aesthetics and a lightweight design when building them and didn't worry a hell of a lot about functionality?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Nahh ... the latitudes are supposed to be desktop replacments (well, thats how they are described by our IT dept....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

Its because the C640 is an old old model and when it was first designed USB 2.0 didn't exist as an integrated component on dell laptops. Dell continues to sell lattitudes to companies that have standardised on them because that's what the product line is designed around (12 month lifecycles and disk image compatibility and all that kind of thing that makes IT deployment easy).

Advertisement