Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why get a X-Box

Options
  • 11-12-2003 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I was thinking of getting a new console soon. I have a PS2 and I was thinking of maybe a gamecube because of some of the titles but there are some great X-Box deals available so I'm not sure. So whats the ups of an X-Box and of course the best titles?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

I bought the gamesstop choice deal and got Halo(x-boxes best fps and second best game) and midtown madness 3 along with the incredibly excellent Star Wars:kotr for 239 there on Friday so far im impressed!After that im quite green so ill leave it to others to give advice-Id say go for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

nah, cube all the way.

the only xbox game that i want to play is on the pc...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

If you're thinking of buying a new console, its really all down to the games. Here you can compare games for both Gamecube and Xbox (just single out each console in the platform box and increase results). These rankings are based on the average score given by numerous media outlets.

Hopefully this will help. Personally, I would go with a Gamecube, it has a very nice library indeed (The Xbox's seems a little incomplete). Then again, if you're want to play online, you should go with Microsoft's offering.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Splinter cell is amazing.
    Brute force has really good co-op. (up to 4 players)
    Kung fu chaos is a brilliant party beat 'em up, best played with 4 humans.
    Jet set radio future is an infinitely cool game.
    Another console-selling feature of the xbox is the ability to burn music to the hard drive and play it in games. (not all games support this)
    Dolby digital 5.1 support if you have the sound system. (well worth investing in if you don't have and are getting an xbox)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

i just picked myself up an xbox over a gamecube for myself for christmas

went to 2 places, GAME and gamestop and they both had nice deals

GAME; xbox,1 controller,midtown madness3, halo,mohaa,crash bandicoot racing or some rubbish for €210

GameStop; xbox,1 controller,midtown madness3, halo, 1 more cheap game that i cant think of the name ofnd a dvd remote for €209 with the same value in vouchers

so i stuck my two fingers up at GAME and went with Gamestop, cos frankly those 2 other games that were on offer wernt at all pleasing to me.

what i found was funny was that in the GAME store their own posters were saying it was halo,midtownmadness3, project gothem racing 2 and some other in my eyes "better" game than what the cashier adamantly told me

think ill go for soul calibre 2 for my next game

Advertisement